I have been playing the GOG Bioshock HD remaster for about 10 hours. It either crashes to the desktop or freezes every 30 to 60 minutes. Frequently this is whilst saving a game. The Windows event viewer image attached shows the fault.
Things that have not helped:
- updating graphics drivers to latest
- running in windowed mode or full screen mode
- disabling ful screen optimization on BioshockHD.exe
- running in Windows 8 compatibility mode
- running in Windows 7 compatibility mode. Would not start because it complained about a missing Windows 7 SP 1
- Windows 10, latest updates
- Core i5-6600
- NVidia GTX 750 Ti
- Asus Xonar DX
The crashing is really annoying but I am enjoying the game otherwise. I have taken to saving very, very, very frequently. I also back up the saves regularly just in case. I may also start quitting and restarting every 30 minutes or so because when it crashes during saving of a game is the most annoying. It's quite annoyingly confusing to try and remember what one was doing in the previous save, even when saving frequently.
Has anyone managed to play the GOG version for a decent number of hours without problems?
I was playing bioshock 2 remaster without problems to start with. Then it started crashing about halfway through. Not very often but enough to be annoying.
Adjusting the TextureStreamingMemoryLimit to my GPU's VRAM and setting TextureStreamingDistanceLimit to 10000 in the Bioshock.ini file located %APPDATA%\BioshockHD\Bioshock\ fixed it for me