It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi Devilmarkus,

first of all thanks for bringing Biing to GOG and I wish you all the best with Biing 3.
I played a self built DosBox Version of Biing in the last years (DOS Version and nowadays CD Version - 1.44) - and recently started a new game with the GOG Version and discovered some differences I was curious about.

1) Theme
The theme in the hospital overlay is different. It is not the "Miami Vice - Crockett Theme".

2) "Bug" with patients for admission (e.g. "Neuro Krankenzimmer")
In my version of the game if you had a full ward and had a patient in the diagnosis room with a diagnosis for the ward you could still choose it. The patient would then go to the reception and wait for the ward assignment.
Now in the GOG Version the patient simply stays in the diagnosis room, no "Biing Popup" to choose a diagnosis and even if you want to manually choose the diagnosis the OK button does not work. The only way is to abort the treatment and kick the patient out.

3) Minor news articles things I´ve noticed
I had room test articles about 20-30 ingame minutes apart, the one saying it´s the best and the other saying it´s the worst. Never had this in my version.

I just wanted to make sure you are aware of this and also ask if you know where those differences come from?
I´ve never came across other Biing versions with those differences.

Kind regards
Post edited April 15, 2020 by Metzelcorp
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Metzelcorp: 1) Theme
The theme in the hospital overlay is different. It is not the "Miami Vice - Crockett Theme".
If I remember correctly the theme selection (not just the one played on the hospital layout screen, but also when pausing or fast forwarding one hour) depends on the type of output configured in the sound/music settings.
For example, choosing Sound Blaster or Sound Blaster Pro will result in slightly (or, in case of the hospital layout screen, completely) different themes being played than on the Roland, General MIDI or CD Audio settings.
Metzelcorp: 1) Theme
CMiq: If I remember correctly the theme selection (not just the one played on the hospital layout screen, but also when pausing or fast forwarding one hour) depends on the type of output configured in the sound/music settings.
For example, choosing Sound Blaster or Sound Blaster Pro will result in slightly (or, in case of the hospital layout screen, completely) different themes being played than on the Roland, General MIDI or CD Audio settings.
You are correct.
Changed the sound.cfg to "MCARD -SBP | Musikkarte (OFF SB SBP SB16 ROL GM CD)" and the Crockett Theme is playing again.

Thank you :-)

As for the bug with the patients for admission. It seems to only bug with "Neuro Krankenzimmer", but not with the normal "Krankenzimmer".