It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It appears that the 2.3.67.3 Patches for Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions were released for the Galaxy client 10 days ago back on 21 June 2016. Does any of the staff know when the Standalone Offline 2.3.67.3 Patches & Updated Installers will be available for download?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Still using 1.3 here, but really? This !optional! Galaxy now gets more attention then the normal game-space? Dont become evil, GOG!

Maybe mail to support, dear TE. I doubt, that staff is reading every post in forum ;)
Is there a difference in patches?
ValamirCleaver: It appears that the 2.3.67.3 Patches for Baldur's Gate 1 & 2 Enhanced Editions were released for the Galaxy client 10 days ago back on 21 June 2016. Does any of the staff know when the Standalone Offline 2.3.67.3 Patches & Updated Installers will be available for download?
Standalone version has been out for awhile...
This is the verbatim text of the e-mail response I received from support a half hour ago.

"Hello,

I am sorry about the late reply.

We are not planning on releasing a standalone patch for Baldur's Gate 1/2. I apologise for inconvenience.
Please use GOG Galaxy client if you want your game to be updated to the latest version: https://www.gog.com/galaxy.

Regards,
Cycu,
GOG.com Support
This answer concerns ticket number 57UR0DJY, which is now closed.
You can reply to this e-mail to reopen the ticket."

I wonder if it's safe to assume the "optional" client is no longer optional...
Post edited July 13, 2016 by ValamirCleaver
ValamirCleaver: I wonder if it's safe to assume the "optional" client is no longer optional...
It's quite telling that (as far as I am aware) this has only happened on a Beamdog product. I know of no other game in GOG's catalog that requires Galaxy for updates.
Seriously?! Just checked my account, and yes, no updated version as normal download. I dont want Galaxy, and it was always said, it is not mandatory, just an extra feature. And now this? I hope this ist just a mistake and they bring updated versions as normal downloads in my account library too. And if this BS is only bcs of Beamdog - shame on them. Shame shame shame. They are not even able to provide stand-alone patches for ppl who bought their games on DVD. And I wont even start to speak about Dragonsiege ... This company is losing more and more their credibility for me...

A mandatory Galaxy client to get patches, or maybe to download their games at all - bye bye, GOG. It would be sad, but i will not support such things. When I remeber, how GOG started - it was such a refreshing, uncomplicated thing in all this steam-infested, DRM-wired game market, but now i am afraid they might lose course.
mmeyer: Seriously?! Just checked my account, and yes, no updated version as normal download. I dont want Galaxy, and it was always said, it is not mandatory, just an extra feature. And now this? I hope this ist just a mistake and they bring updated versions as normal downloads in my account library too. And if this BS is only bcs of Beamdog - shame on them. Shame shame shame. They are not even able to provide stand-alone patches for ppl who bought their games on DVD. And I wont even start to speak about Dragonsiege ... This company is losing more and more their credibility for me...

A mandatory Galaxy client to get patches, or maybe to download their games at all - bye bye, GOG. It would be sad, but i will not support such things. When I remeber, how GOG started - it was such a refreshing, uncomplicated thing in all this steam-infested, DRM-wired game market, but now i am afraid they might lose course.
This just sums it up perfectly - couldn't agree more :(
I backed up my install files to an external HD today so I won't have to re-download them if I get a new computer. Noticed new file for BG2 Enhanced Edition. So, like a dummy, I deleted the old file first and then couldn't DL the new one. GoG technical support page said I HAD to use Galaxy. So, technically, I can't back up the files now. That's a unique DRM isn't it? If I have to start using Galaxy from now on, I will just stick with Steam.
Just double-checked: 2.3.67.3 is now available as normal download for Linux, Windows, and Mac in my account library. Seems they fixed it. I hope it stays this way, and we wont have such quirks anymore.
Ninebears: So, like a dummy, I deleted the old file first and then couldn't DL the new one. GoG technical support page said I HAD to use Galaxy. So, technically, I can't back up the files now.
Not sure who you were talking to, but be firm & explicit that you will not use Galaxy to download the files. As a last resort GOG has supplied people with FTP links to the files in the past. You are trying to download the current installer files, yes?
I haven't had trouble downloading via Firefox for other installers, but if you are getting incomplete downloads you could try down-them-all (something like that), gogrepo.py, etc.
Post edited July 18, 2016 by Gydion
mmeyer: Just double-checked: 2.3.67.3 is now available as normal download for Linux, Windows, and Mac in my account library. Seems they fixed it. I hope it stays this way, and we wont have such quirks anymore.
I've got this update for BG2 EE but not for BG1 EE - do you have the update for both games showing in your library?
mmeyer: Just double-checked: 2.3.67.3 is now available as normal download for Linux, Windows, and Mac in my account library. Seems they fixed it. I hope it stays this way, and we wont have such quirks anymore.
Pajama: I've got this update for BG2 EE but not for BG1 EE - do you have the update for both games showing in your library?
Yes, for both, BG EE and BG2 EE.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 2.3.67.3 (gog-7) 2.6 GB
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 2.3.67.3 (gog-10) 2.1 GB

Incremental updates are listed as well.
Pajama: I've got this update for BG2 EE but not for BG1 EE - do you have the update for both games showing in your library?
mmeyer: Yes, for both, BG EE and BG2 EE.

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition 2.3.67.3 (gog-7) 2.6 GB
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition 2.3.67.3 (gog-10) 2.1 GB

Incremental updates are listed as well.
It seems that the reason I missed the BG1EE update is that the patch is listed as 2.3.67.2 (gog-7) and is right under the patch listed as 2.3.67.2 (gog-6). It was the gog-7 that helped me spot it. Thanks :)
whats the difference between 1.3.2053 and 2.3.67.3 ? ? ?