It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've just bought BG1 and 2 and noticed there are a lot of nice mods and fixes for them. I'd like to try the Tutu stuff later, but for now want to play BG1 in its original engine but with bug fixes and perhaps the unfinished business content as well. Which fixes should I get?
I also want to be using dudleyvilles guide, which mentions the BGTalesUK5512 patch, but it says I have v1.35521 in the game menu in BG1, so I assume it's been patched already?
Post edited June 11, 2014 by ResidentLeever
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
ResidentLeever: I've just bought BG1 and 2 and noticed there are a lot of nice mods and fixes for them. I'd like to try the Tutu stuff later, but for now want to play BG1 in its original engine but with bug fixes and perhaps the unfinished business content as well. Which fixes should I get?
I also want to be using dudleyvilles guide, which mentions the BGTalesUK5512 patch, but it says I have v1.35521 in the game menu in BG1, so I assume it's been patched already?
Yes, the games are both patched to the most recent official patch.
Coelocanth is right, UK 1.3.5512 is even older than the version provided by GOG (v 1.3.5521).
Post edited June 11, 2014 by DeMignon
Thanks guys, just one more thing:
I installed dudley's and balderdash fixes + text updates, and at the end of the instructions for dudley's fixes it says to delete .bif files in the cache\data folder. This is not the same thing as just the data folder in the BG1 directory, right? Because I loaded the save included with TotSC just the see what it was before installing this stuff.

"11.You are also advised to delete the AREAxxxx.bif files in the cache\data folder otherwise fixes to Areas will not take effect. If you do not have a cache\data folder then don't worry - this is normal if you haven't played a game."
ResidentLeever: Thanks guys, just one more thing:
I installed dudley's and balderdash fixes + text updates, and at the end of the instructions for dudley's fixes it says to delete .bif files in the cache\data folder. This is not the same thing as just the data folder in the BG1 directory, right? Because I loaded the save included with TotSC just the see what it was before installing this stuff.

"11.You are also advised to delete the AREAxxxx.bif files in the cache\data folder otherwise fixes to Areas will not take effect. If you do not have a cache\data folder then don't worry - this is normal if you haven't played a game."
The GOG version does not need Dudley and Baldurdash fixes. In fact, Dudley fixes will break your game. It alters the farmlands, and Ulgoth's Beard will become unreachable via the world map. My advice is to remove all but this fixpack for BG1, and don't forget to also download the hotfix for Jondalar.

You may delete anything in the cache folder, especially if you have not started a game yet.
Post edited June 11, 2014 by Hickory
ResidentLeever: Thanks guys, just one more thing:

Hickory: The GOG version does not need Dudley and Baldurdash fixes. In fact, Dudley fixes will break your game. It alters the farmlands, and Ulgoth's Beard will become unreachable via the world map. My advice is to remove all but this fixpack for BG1, and don't forget to also download the hotfix for Jondalar.

You may delete anything in the cache folder, especially if you have not started a game yet.
Thanks, but should I replace the old ISSUES-JondalarBehavesProperly file with the new one or just put the new one in the main game directory like that site says?

Edit: Looks like replacing the file did the trick.
Hickory: The GOG version does not need Dudley and Baldurdash fixes. In fact, Dudley fixes will break your game. It alters the farmlands, and Ulgoth's Beard will become unreachable via the world map. My advice is to remove all but this fixpack for BG1, and don't forget to also download the hotfix for Jondalar.

ResidentLeever: Thanks, but should I replace the old ISSUES-JondalarBehavesProperly file with the new one or just put the new one in the main game directory like that site says?

Edit: Looks like replacing the file did the trick.
Yes, whenever applying patches, they almost invariably go into the override folder. That's what it's for.