FINALLY! I figured it out thanks to you guys! I renamed them as stated except I took out the ".exe " on the first file! Like seriously what the hell hahhahahah! Thanks again everyone. Now I can rest knowing I can check it out quick and see how much of an improvement it is to BG I. For now, I can continue my Planescape: Torment playthrough!
Glad you got it sorted out.
As Hickory says, you must have file extensions hidden. Showing file extensions is one of the first things I do with any Windows OS installation. Personally, I see hidden extensions as a security risk as any malicious executable could hide itself with a document icon to trick a user into running it.