It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anyone know if GPU hotspot temps of 75 C on a desktop GPU are normal for this game which is not supposed be too demanding in terms of hardware requirements?

I have just started playing and am loving it so far but the GPU temps are kind of bothering me. I have just finished the mining tutotrial and have returned to the university station.

In the in-game menu the 'Quality' options has been reduced from Amazing > Great

The same with unchecking the VSYNC options. Additionally, based on another post I have also done the following -

Astrox Imperium_Data\MOD\saves - newplayer_options.txt >> OPTION_vsync;False || WORLD_OPTIONS_target_framerate;30

Astrox Imperium_Data\MOD\saves\PILOTNAME - player_options.txt >> OPTION_vsync;0 || WORLD_OPTIONS_target_framerate;30

PC specs are : i7-6700K || RAM 32 GB || NVidia GTX 1060 6 GB (driver ver. 466.27 || Windows 8.1

Maybe it's an inappropriate comparision but I get these temps playing another game i.e. X4 on medium settings. So what am I doing wrong or not doing?
Post edited June 20, 2021 by ziffius0
This question / problem has been solved by momoguruimage
75 seems way too high. I don't get these numbers on my gtx 970. i will do some profile checks to see if recent changes have affected something.
Post edited June 23, 2021 by momoguru
momoguru: 75 seems way too high. I don't get these numbers on my gtx 970. i will do some profile checks to see if recent changes have affected something.
Didn't expect a response from the creator himself! Hope you have had a good vacation.

Did some maintenance and changed the thermal paste on the gpu and temps dropped by around 5 but 70 still seems high if you don't mind me saying.

Update: After downloading the 21 June 2021 update - Build 0.0120 and keeping settings as mentioned in OP, GPU temps are around 55 with hotspot at 60. Tested after 15-20 minutes of gameplay.

Thank you
Post edited June 27, 2021 by ziffius0