It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just recently discovered the existence of the 1.20 and 1.21 patches, so off I go to install the latest one! Seems to work great, except that the 2D HUD elements apparently do not scale with resolution now. Thus, at 1280x960 resolution my inventory, health and mana meters etc. look maybe a quarter of their intended size. I've tried changing the various video settings, but none of those appear to be of any help.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
timotaka: I just recently discovered the existence of the 1.20 and 1.21 patches, so off I go to install the latest one! Seems to work great, except that the 2D HUD elements apparently do not scale with resolution now. Thus, at 1280x960 resolution my inventory, health and mana meters etc. look maybe a quarter of their intended size. I've tried changing the various video settings, but none of those appear to be of any help.
Are you using the latest version of the GOG installer? It was updated in January 2011 to include the 1.21 patch.

Failing that try Arx Libertatis.
To be honest, I have a copy of Arx Fatalis from way back before GOG even existed. I hope I am excused for picking your collective brains here. There's not many places where to discuss this game.

edit: I tried Arx Libertatis, and the problem persists. I also made a screenshot comparison picture to demonstrate the problem: http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z285/Crowley9/ArxUIbug.png
Post edited October 01, 2012 by timotaka
I also have a old distribution box and played that game about 10 years ago, as far as I remember the inventory area was always a fixed pixels size.

I clearly rmember being able to play it in higher resolution, but dropping back to a lower resolution to see my inventory clearly; this is not the only game which had this type of issue.

And I do play now with the latest patch and Arx Libertatis, to answer the other player, so that does not appear to address that issue.
Right, AL does not allow UI scaling yet, but we are aware of the issue ;-)

The 1.21 release still has some of the code for the scaling left - it's just always 1:1 - so it should not be too hard to re-add it as an option.
its amazing that Arx Libertatis exists... makes me want to replay it yet again ^_^