It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all !

I noticed version 1.03 has been out on Steam for five days now. Any chance it reaches GOG ?
Hi, let the time to GOG to make the update.
It will come in few days....be patient ^^
sry for english
You're right, being only five or six days late is not problematic, considering there are no game-breaking bugs afaik, but, but... I know there are games that have been completely left out, where Steam was receiving regular updates, and GOG, nothing. at. all. I'm thinking of Giana sisters : twisted dreams and Arma 2 here.

I'm just hoping it won't happen with this game !

EDIT : I've just noticed Giana sisters has been updated, finally, took a fair bit of time but it came, at last !
Post edited February 10, 2015 by NovHak
+1

I don't know why. Maybe the updates come from Steam dev team and not from the game dev team? is it possible?
pe7ouill3: Maybe the updates come from Steam dev team and not from the game dev team? is it possible?
The update came from the game programmer, Lee Vermeulen. I don't know if it's possible for Steam to make updates; as I understand it, GOG occasionally makes tweaks to help with compatibility but that's mainly altering configuration files (making the game run properly) rather than the main codebase (what the game actually does).

In this case, I imagine it's one of two scenarios:
1) the game devs have yet to ship the updated game to GOG, or
2) (probably more likely) GOG is in possession of the updated game but has yet to prepare a new installer for download. This will take a bit of time and effort on the part of the GOG team, so some delay is inevitable.

Either way, I would appreciate some clarity on the issue from someone at GOG. An estimate of when to expect the update would be nice. I don't really want to start the game before getting the bug fixes etc. that people are enjoying on Steam.
NovHak: I noticed version 1.03 has been out on Steam for five days now. Any chance it reaches GOG ?
I got some info from one of the GOG team. It seems that the game developers are beta testing the 1.03 update on Steam before releasing to GOG. There's no estimate available for when we'll get it here, just whenever they're happy that there aren't any problems with it, I guess.
Post edited February 11, 2015 by redPanda72
Thx for the news. wait and see...
AMAZING GAME!!!!!!
@redPanda72 : That means it's scenario 1, which was the most likely imo. And I doubt highly this is a beta patch, since it wasn't mentioned.

It's clear the devs have chosen Steam as their main platform. One can see on the Steam forums that they published rules and created subforums for bug reporting and the like. I don't have any problem with this, I can understand they don't want the hassle of checking every game distributor forum, but I hope they won't forget us when it comes to publish updates !

Btw I noticed a bug worth mentioning (already present in the bugs subforum on Steam). Let's say about it without spoiling too much : before going to Apollo's palace, make sure you don't have keys in your inventory since you'll lose them all ! I don't think 1.03 corrects this anyway...

@pe7ouill3 : Agreed, amazing game !

EDIT : I see Apotheon shows as updated in my library, but the GOG version is still 2.0.0, i.e. nothing changed. Maybe it means an update is imminent...
Post edited February 11, 2015 by NovHak
NovHak: I see Apotheon shows as updated in my library, but the GOG version is still 2.0.0, i.e. nothing changed. Maybe it means an update is imminent...
I think that update was just adding the Mac and Linux versions, sadly. Still, it does mean GOG has not been completely forgotten.
NovHak: It's clear the devs have chosen Steam as their main platform. One can see on the Steam forums that they published rules and created subforums for bug reporting and the like. I don't have any problem with this, I can understand they don't want the hassle of checking every game distributor forum, but I hope they won't forget us when it comes to publish updates !
I suppose early bug-tracking is easier if all the reports are in one place - I hadn't considered that and couldn't see why they would only update one distribution at a time.

Hopefully everything will even out soon; it's a bit disappointing to be left behind. The only useful thing I can think to do would be to some feedback to Alientrap to let them know we'd like to be kept up to date, even if it means reporting bugs somewhere else. Couldn't hurt, right?
I agree with you, but one needs a Steam account for this, and correct me if I'm wrong, but the only way to create a Steam account is via the Steam client, which I will never install again. Never.

Eventually I had a Steam account in the past but I forgot the password. And there's no way to recover the password without the Steam client, except by sending a message to Steam support, which I did, they reset my password to some unrememberable gibberish at the time, and I had to... install the Steam client to change it... so I forgot it again.

About installing the Steam client I said never, but never say never, I may install it in the future, in case my concern about it is adressed, but I doubt this will be their concern before, let's be optimistic, ten years ? So, heh...
Post edited February 12, 2015 by NovHak
Hi all. Any news about some update?
http://steamcommunity.com/app/208750
Why am I not surprised ?

I have a theory about this, when a game gets on Steam, it is forced to enter into some sort of "Steamification" process ensuring a tight grip on its development, of which it's very difficult to get out. As a result, any further update outside Steam becomes a pain, and is therefore delayed by amounts unimaginable, if there were not examples already...