It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I just downloaded Anno 1701, which apparently included an expansion ( which I was pleasantly surprised). Once installed, I had two icons on my desktop. One seems to be for the base game, and the other has the expansion name.. Should I assume that the expansion is already included, and I simply use the the shortcut with the expansion name? Or are they two separate games? o.O

Das ist so richtig.
Das Hauptspiel und die Erweiterung haben getrennte Icon.
Um das Grundspiel zu nutzen, das eine Icon nutzen und für die Erweiterung das andere.

Grüße
mismis29: I just downloaded Anno 1701, which apparently included an expansion ( which I was pleasantly surprised). Once installed, I had two icons on my desktop. One seems to be for the base game, and the other has the expansion name.. Should I assume that the expansion is already included, and I simply use the the shortcut with the expansion name? Or are they two separate games? o.O

They are seperate in the sense they have their own EXE's, to play sunken dragon, just run its shortcut. Expansions at this time usually needed the core game in order to run and where not standalone nor integrated into the main game, though there are exceptions before this game, like Total Annihilation's expansions. but I digress.
Post edited April 12, 2016 by Lord_Kane