It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a windows 8 laptop with a third generation i7 cpu, 8 meg memory but NO video card, This laptop only has the HD-4000 graphic on the CPU. Any chance of running this game?
phughes200: I have a windows 8 laptop with a third generation i7 cpu, 8 meg memory but NO video card, This laptop only has the HD-4000 graphic on the CPU. Any chance of running this game?
It runs on my laptop, which is Windows 7, i7 plus dedicated graphics card from nVidia. So my information is probably not helpful to you.

Try to search on the net for the demo of Anno 1404. Try it on your laptop, that'll give you the information you need. According to the system reqirements of Anno 1404 an intel HD 4000 should suffice.

For all this I assumed you have 8 gigabytes rather than 8 megabytes and WITH video card ;) seeing that intel HD 4000 is a video card, just not a dedicated one though and that's what you meant. ;)
Hello,
You can use the website:
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

It is in place to see if you can run a game. They do not list anno 1404 however on their list of tested games.
I meant laptop with integrated CPU graphics (HD4000) with 8 Gig motherboard ram. The CPU is an i7-3667u.
Post edited June 19, 2016 by phughes200
Its hard to say with the Integrated graphics chip. I have an I5 with the integrated and there is no chance mine would run Anno 1404.
The text is too small for me to read on my laptop. :(
too late but I say yes I play it before my old laptop without graphic card just
Intel® HD Graphics....with Win10 2GB RAM in mid game setting ( I can do max setting with help of game boosting program and disable Anti-virus, off other background app)

Just Download old and all
C++
Direct X
and update all drivers
Post edited January 09, 2017 by Sachihara
I'm doing fine on it with a very average laptop ... but as someone said, the lettering becomes absolutely tiny in 1404. The legit tiny, not just the "you have bad eyesight or are getting old" kind of tiny. The graphics are still very nice, though.

But this does extend to the icons you need to click to navigate through the game and give orders and such. They go from small to very small to tiny again. It makes learning the game harder than usual because it's hard to even tell what you're looking at on the game screen.