It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

My efforts in trying to get Anno 1701 to run in borderless window have, so far, been futile.

First, let me tell you what I did.

Used Borderless Gaming after setting the game to run in a window - doesn't work.

Setting "<ScreenFormat>1</ScreenFormat>" in the Engine.ini (located in the directory of the game), that only launches the game in windowed mode, you still need to press the minimize button as the alt+tab does not work.

Trying the Anno 1404 method of putting in the Engine.ini (Anno's 1404 Engine.ini is in C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Ubisoft\Anno1404Addon\Config\ the <ResizableWindow>0</ResizableWindow> and
<NoWindowFrame>1</NoWindowFrame> Does nothing. Game deletes the lines from the ini upon loading.

Using GeDoSaTo with "forceBorderlessFullscreen true". Does not work.

That is all, any ideas anyone?
Try DXWnd. It works great for me with 1701, and it's still possible to scroll by moving the cursor to the edges of the screen, which is not possible in normal window mode in this game.

Make sure it is not set to Windowed Mode. Start DXWnd, go to Edit-->Add. Enter a name and set the path to the Anno1701.exe. Make sure "Run in Window" is checked and set Position to "Desktop". This should already make it work. To capture the cursor in the window (if using multiple monitors), go to the "Input" tab and set "Cursor Clipper" to ON.