It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello there!

I wanted to play this amazing game with my friend in a lan party (via Hamachi). The problem is that when he tries to join me (or I try to join him) it pops up the message about different versions. We bought Anno on Gog so how can it be different?

Please help us!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
GregoryTwix: Hello there!

I wanted to play this amazing game with my friend in a lan party (via Hamachi). The problem is that when he tries to join me (or I try to join him) it pops up the message about different versions. We bought Anno on Gog so how can it be different?

Please help us!
I'ts most likely because one of you did not updated his game... :)
GregoryTwix: Hello there!

Please help us!
klvler: I'ts most likely because one of you did not updated his game... :)
Im having the same problem with my friend! How do you update the game?
Make sure you are both running the same .exe. There are two included. Anno1701.exe & Anno1701AddOn.exe. The second has the The Sunken Dragon expansion. Not sure which the GoG laucher lauches, but I have two desktop shortcuts.
we tried both - then we tried the other host and same thing we both just got the game from gog,so i dont know why we would have different .exe files we live 30 miles apart so we would have got same versions.
MinerBo777: we tried both - then we tried the other host and same thing we both just got the game from gog,so i dont know why we would have different .exe files we live 30 miles apart so we would have got same versions.
I have not played the game yet online. So two suggestion:

1. check firewall settings, that the game is allowed to go "outside"
2. try without hamachi (you can get your current IPs from whatismyip or so.. just google it ;) )

Hope one of these suggestions helps you, if you already use the same exe version of the game etc...