It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

i seem to have the same problem as www.gog.com/forum/anno_series/anno_1602_launch_problem_windows_10

start the game by shortcut or exe and desktop now shows in game resolution (800x600) for like 5 seconds briefly a anno 1602 task in taskbar, then black flash then crash back to desktop. not even starting the intro video.

but i tried all those things in the original post, including compatibility modes, windows directplay reinstall, several deep uninstallings off harddrive using revo uninstaller and reinstalling, nothing wont help.

it was running fine yesterday, but i was bothered by the fact i couldnt alt+tab or windows-key to desktop, which i found out is designed by GOG, due to the game freezing blackscreen when i force tabbed out the game by using strg+alt+delete. there was no way to tab back into the game, so i looked for a workaround: downloaded dxwnd which is a free tool allowing me to run 1602 in a window so i could still use the desktop.

weirdest thing about the case is i can still start anno 1602 using the dxwnd in a window and it works perfectly aside from the aspect ratio stretching thing in a maximized window,

whereas if i start it by the shortcut from windows or the exe file crash as explained above will happen.
and even the anno editor included in the game files will work properly. i dont know how to get the anno exe back to normal.

my system runs windows 10 64bit
any ideas?
thx in advance and for taking the time
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Try running 1602.exe from the folder instead of the client.