It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anno 1602 crashes (sometimes) when the next audio track should be played.
Disabling the background music may solve that, but i would prefer playing Anno 1602 with its background music :)
i found a solution (maybe this helps someone else, too):

it seems like the music files are buggy, i copied the music tracks from my original anno 1602 cd in the install folder of the gog Anno 1602 version and it works fine now.
AlpakaDream: i found a solution (maybe this helps someone else, too):

it seems like the music files are buggy, i copied the music tracks from my original anno 1602 cd in the install folder of the gog Anno 1602 version and it works fine now.
Hi, I had the problem. Your workaround helped me a lot. Thank you :)
AlpakaDream: i found a solution (maybe this helps someone else, too):

thank you so much!
AlpakaDream: Anno 1602 crashes (sometimes) when the next audio track should be played.
Disabling the background music may solve that, but i would prefer playing Anno 1602 with its background music :)
Man, GOG should look into this, it happened to me as well, and I haven't got a CD :/
Someone knows if they already fixed that?
AlpakaDream: Someone knows if they already fixed that?
On win 10 it doesn't crash for me when the music plays but when i still had win xp it crashed with music playing so.
So what is your OS?
AlpakaDream: Someone knows if they already fixed that?
Fonzer: On win 10 it doesn't crash for me when the music plays but when i still had win xp it crashed with music playing so.
So what is your OS?
Well I have no crashes anymore, as I replaced the files with the original ones.
Also I'm using Ubuntu (Linux)
I compared the checksums of the music files in the 'MUSIC8' folder between the GOG version and CD version and they were identical. Only one of the filenames differed. To make the GOG version match the CD version, you can rename the file 'ANNO1602 Theme.wav' to 'Theme of 1602 A D.wav'. For me the game used to crash randomly after about an hour or two of playing, but since I renamed this one music file, I haven't had any crashes yet.

Thanks for the hint that it has to do with the music files!