It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anno 1503 starting game from GOG on WIN 64 causes Process to start in task manager and changes color scheme to windows 7 basic but game does not start, possibly caused by unsupported screen resolution. Default resolution in this case was 3840 x 2160.

This was fixed by setting compatibility mode on files "1503Startup.exe" and "Launch Anno 1503 AD" with three items tagged, Windows XP SP3, run in 640 x 480 and run as ADMIN. (Note I belive that only run in 640 x 480 is needed). After setting compatibility run game and under options set resolution to 1280 x 1024 then exit and remove all compatibility tags, game should now start normaly. Since I have only just gotten the game and resolved this issue I can not say how well the rest of the game will run yet but this got me started and to the menu screen.