It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, I have a strange problem in 1404 Venice, scenario "Archipelago". The object is to have at least 500 noblemen so of course it's necessary to produce books and in order to produce books I have to build an indigo farm. Even though I've already gained the second diplomatic rank from the Sheik and I have over 300 nomads I cannot build it.
Is it some kind of bug or am I missing something?? Screenshot attached (it's not in English, but you can see the red "295 Nomads" on the right...).
Attachments:
indigo.jpg (420 Kb)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Amelie_Coubert: Hi, I have a strange problem in 1404 Venice, scenario "Archipelago". The object is to have at least 500 noblemen so of course it's necessary to produce books and in order to produce books I have to build an indigo farm. Even though I've already gained the second diplomatic rank from the Sheik and I have over 300 nomads I cannot build it.
Is it some kind of bug or am I missing something?? Screenshot attached (it's not in English, but you can see the red "295 Nomads" on the right...).
I really don't know what it is maybe you already figured it out. I haven't played this game properly yet, but i think you need 295 nomads on a single island instead of all islands together.
At least in anno 1602 a.d. it is like that if you have the together number of citizens on several island isn't as important as having the required amount of people on a single island.
Also in the english version there exists an unofficial patch for venice.
It does say on the wiki that you need at least 20 oriental houses in order to produce Indigo, which is necessary for Books.
Post edited April 04, 2021 by Fonzer

I really don't know what it is maybe you already figured it out. I haven't played this game properly yet, but i think you need 295 nomads on a single island instead of all islands together.
At least in anno 1602 a.d. it is like that if you have the together number of citizens on several island isn't as important as having the required amount of people on a single island.
Also in the english version there exists an unofficial patch for venice.
It does say on the wiki that you need at least 20 oriental houses in order to produce Indigo, which is necessary for Books.
Hi, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I didn't figure out what was wrong. I tried everything and eventually got so frustrated with this game that I bought Anno 1800 on Steam. But it's not so fun as 1404 :(
So... if anyone here knows how to fix this bug I would really appreciate.
Post edited May 30, 2021 by Amelie_Coubert