It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

hi i have anno 1404 on ubisoft and im playing in multiplayer network with my GF- we have fun unless it always says " WARNING not enough memory blabla " and then sometimes it just closes during autosave or save or anytime.

is that also a matter of fact in the gog version -?! or was that changed ?! i read that the old anno could only work with 2gb ram !- i mean these days you have like 32 gb ram , and so its bretty maddening if your game crashes so often on a rather new computer :(.

well i saw some bug reprots and crashes here in the forum too, but let me in if you have that problems IN multiplayer too ! #

regards brogi
I haven't played 1404 myself yet but I've read about this problem. Anno 1404 is a 32bit game and as such can only use up to 2GB Ram by default - however, this is merely a limitation to ensure it doesn't take up all the resources on a 32bit OS. The maximum amount of RAM a 32bit application can use is 4GB, and on a 32bit OS that means 4GB total for Windows and all programs! However, with a 64bit OS this is no longer an issue and you can enable the "Large Address Aware" flag in the exe file, allowing it to use up to 4GB RAM, which hopefully will be enough.

This video shows how to do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9zrY__OMr4
There is a link to the program you'll need in the description. If you encounter any problems feel free to ask, I have used this program with other games in the past. If necessary I can of course write you in German.

If you still encounter any problems you should try lowering the graphics settings, especially texture quality, if possible.
Post edited January 25, 2018 by Pherim
Dankeschön- ich werde es direkt mal ausprobieren.
Thanks a dozen times - i will try that out right now :)
Nope.

Anno 1404 Venice (GOG version) has critical bug causing memory leak.
I've tried track it down what's causing it, but no luck so far.
Confirmed on 2 separate PCs, having 16GB RAM both.. even if it's 32-bit app it's leaking memory.
Running Win 8.1 64-bit.

It happens on long played games and while game is in the background.

See the error when OS crashes completly.
Attachments:
error.png (25 Kb)
Post edited March 20, 2018 by TooMeeK_85
Right, my understanding is that the suggested fix just tells the program to try to access up to 4GB of memory, it does not fix the memory leak itself. Given enough time, it'll gobble up 4GB, then crash. Question is, can you reload a save for a game that has previously crashed, and still play it, for at least a reasonable length of time, say 30 minutes, without crashing?
Hi!
use you Windows 10?
Have you try it with CFF explorer?

I have old XP 32 bit.
so, i use self more as 2Gb Ram. And i don't become error or Crash comming from my memory, i use this software any month.

now to answer to doctorfrog. If a saved game can be are reloaded that previously are crashed?

By me self, i have graphic card crash. (old graphic card).
So after i try it to reload a game previously crashed, the crash reapear.
So i don't if by memory crash, it same.
try it with CFF Explorer.
ntcore.com/exsuite.php
You could try this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/33250/discussions/0/35219681468031422#c135514402721859100

I just found it, don't know if it works, I still haven't played the game myself.
If you have an NVIDIA Graphics card the following works:- Set in-game graphics to medium, then boost your graphics settings in the NVIDIA Control Center. Works a treat and gives you HI-Res graphics with no performance hit and no out of memory crashes. Should work for AMD cards too. I can't post a link??? but search for NVIDIA or AMD Control Panel Settings
Post edited October 28, 2018 by NormZena_Cameron
brogor: hi i have anno 1404 on ubisoft and im playing in multiplayer network with my GF- we have fun unless it always says " WARNING not enough memory blabla " and then sometimes it just closes during autosave or save or anytime.

is that also a matter of fact in the gog version -?! or was that changed ?! i read that the old anno could only work with 2gb ram !- i mean these days you have like 32 gb ram , and so its bretty maddening if your game crashes so often on a rather new computer :(.

well i saw some bug reprots and crashes here in the forum too, but let me in if you have that problems IN multiplayer too ! #

regards brogi
Hi there,

Just to share that i had the very same issue. Venice was unplayable although Anno 1404 Gold had no problems. Here is what solved my issues:
On Windows 10 go to security and maintenance, then click on the Windows program compatibility troubleshooter, there select anno Venice, it will ask to test the program...test it...all of a sudden all the problems were gone. next time you leave the game, ask the windows troubleshooters to save the setttings...
It worked for me, hope it will for you
Okay, found this app below and cant link but I can assure all it helps and is not a fix but it improves the memory allowance greatly.

Anyone interested will have to find it and then maybe post a link for others. My game used to get the annoying ''save game and exit as memory is used up'' after much searching and trying different ''so called fixes'' which don't work I found the below and said ''what the heck, I'll try it'' and I am happy to report that it works and has improved the game out of sight. Read the below info from the site and then you will know you have found the correct app to d/l. This little app has no name that I noticed, anyhow. Note: You will be looking for a 4GB patch for Anno 1404 Venice and the below is on the site.

I originally wrote this tool for a friend of mine who needed it. This very little tool patches x86 executables in order to let them have 4GB (instead of only 2) of virtual memory on x64 platforms. This tool comes very handy for applications which need a great amount of virtual memory like games, 3D renderization, multimedia etc. To gain these 2GB, you just have to use this tool to patch the executable (*.exe file) of the software you want to have these additional GBs of virtual memory. It can be used by clicking on it and choosing the file or through command line (e.g.: “4gb_patch file.exe”). It automatically creates a backup copy of the original executable.

Why things are this way on x64 is easy to explain. On x86 applications have 2GB of virtual memory out of 4GB (the other 2GB are reserved for the system). On x64 these two other GB can now be accessed by 32bit applications. In order to achieve this, a flag has to be set in the file’s internal format. This is, of course, very easy for insiders who do it every day with the CFF Explorer. This tool was written because not everybody is an insider, and most probably a lot of people don’t even know that this can be achieved. Even I wouldn’t have written this tool if someone didn’t explicitly ask me to.