It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm having problems with getting Anno 1404 and its add-on to work. I can launch Anno 1404 and get into the main menu, but as soon as I click Quick Start the whole thing crashes on desktop. It produces a crash log but I can't really work out anything useful from it.

>15.01.2018 8:12:36] StackTrace (ThreadID 13624, BuildInfo v1.03.3645, LogFile 0):

Das Kommando [/game/storegroup(0)] wurde an Tastenkombination [CONTROL 0] gebunden

74B308B2 (KERNELBASE): (filename not available): RaiseException
00E01897 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DCA526 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DBDCB1 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
779913EE (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlAllocateHeap
00DF8055 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DF768E (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DBDFDE (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00B50B62 (Anno4): (filename not available): CCryptUtils::VerifyResourceFile
004886EF (Anno4): (filename not available): CMainControl::ResetGameCreateParameters
00DF7EF7 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
77991659 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlAllocateHeap
Venice on the other hand will start, load the game cursor and show a white screen but then immediatelly crash back to the desktop without any kind of crash log or error.

I've tried searching for solutions and none seem to work for me (all DirectX components installed, manually switching DirectX to 9 in the ini has no effect).

Switching compatibility options and running the game as admin also does nothing to solve this. I'm trying to get them to run on Win10x64.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
lazycrypt: I'm having problems with getting Anno 1404 and its add-on to work. I can launch Anno 1404 and get into the main menu, but as soon as I click Quick Start the whole thing crashes on desktop. It produces a crash log but I can't really work out anything useful from it.

>15.01.2018 8:12:36] StackTrace (ThreadID 13624, BuildInfo v1.03.3645, LogFile 0):

Das Kommando [/game/storegroup(0)] wurde an Tastenkombination [CONTROL 0] gebunden

74B308B2 (KERNELBASE): (filename not available): RaiseException
00E01897 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DCA526 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DBDCB1 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DF8055 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DF768E (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00DBDFDE (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
00B50B62 (Anno4): (filename not available): CCryptUtils::VerifyResourceFile
004886EF (Anno4): (filename not available): CMainControl::ResetGameCreateParameters
00DF7EF7 (Anno4): (filename not available): CMenuManager::LoadDialogs
77991659 (ntdll): (filename not available): RtlAllocateHeap
lazycrypt: Venice on the other hand will start, load the game cursor and show a white screen but then immediatelly crash back to the desktop without any kind of crash log or error.

I've tried searching for solutions and none seem to work for me (all DirectX components installed, manually switching DirectX to 9 in the ini has no effect).

Switching compatibility options and running the game as admin also does nothing to solve this. I'm trying to get them to run on Win10x64.
first off what are your system specs cause im running the game just fine on a core 2 duo 2 gb ram and a intel hd graphics card just fine!
My specs are:
Intel i5 4670k
Radeon RX580
16GB RAM

and like I've mentioned, running Win10 x64. As far as hardware goes, there is no reason the game shouldn't work.
lazycrypt: My specs are:
Intel i5 4670k
Radeon RX580
16GB RAM

and like I've mentioned, running Win10 x64. As far as hardware goes, there is no reason the game shouldn't work.
all i know is i am runnign windows 10 32 bit on my laptop that runs the game perfectly! dunno if that is the problem or not!
Managed to 'resolve' the problem by reinstalling Windows 10. Don't know what the problem was, might have been a Windows update or an old removed driver still causing conflicts, don't know and at this point, don't care, the game works now.
high rated
This might help someone also having Anno 1404 crashes:

I encountered exactly the same problem as described above. Also got the same crash log.

However I managed to fix it in a strange way: Set the language used for date/time formatting to the same as the windows language.

To do this, go to the control panel (the old one, not the W10 one), click on "change date, time or number formats", then change the language under format to the same as the windows language.

If the language is different, Anno 1404 will always crash as described above (at least for me)
knutblub: This might help someone also having Anno 1404 crashes:

I encountered exactly the same problem as described above. Also got the same crash log.

However I managed to fix it in a strange way: Set the language used for date/time formatting to the same as the windows language.

To do this, go to the control panel (the old one, not the W10 one), click on "change date, time or number formats", then change the language under format to the same as the windows language.

If the language is different, Anno 1404 will always crash as described above (at least for me)
Thanks for this excellent, but weird suggestion! This fixed my problem with Anno 1404 Venice as well (no problem with Anno 1404 though). Seems like a bug in the game... But I am happy I can play now.
knutblub: This might help someone also having Anno 1404 crashes:

Anno Was crashing on Match Start, Venice was not starting at All. This solved everything
Thank You.