It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

I've been trying to play anno 1404 and anno 1404 venice for the last 2 years or so, but have always had problems with the game crashing. I'm on windows 10 and have tried most patches and techniques on the internet but have not been successful.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Has anyone else had more luck with the anno 1404 history edition?
Cheers
Hi Zwiepje!

This seems to be an old problem with Anno 1404. Some patches are supposed to solve the problem of constant crashing, but these do not work if you have downloaded the game from GOG. Here the installation manager of the patch says that the game could not be found.

I set the compatibility mode to “Vista”, which at least initially helped me to play the game for a few hours without problems, but as soon as I touch the “save” function, the game crashes again without saving. As of today, even the whole system is crashing!!!
I wrote a request to GOG support today, am curious to hear the answer. Hopefully it will come soon.

I think it's an impertinence of GOG to take money for such a mess. If they claim to have adapted “old” games for newer operating systems, then it should work.

The hint from the automatically generated support reply to this forum led me to you.

Have you found a solution in the meantime?

Greetings from Germany
Tachy

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Tachyonbaby: Hi Zwiepje!

This seems to be an old problem with Anno 1404. Some patches are supposed to solve the problem of constant crashing, but these do not work if you have downloaded the game from GOG. Here the installation manager of the patch says that the game could not be found.

I set the compatibility mode to “Vista”, which at least initially helped me to play the game for a few hours without problems, but as soon as I touch the “save” function, the game crashes again without saving. As of today, even the whole system is crashing!!!
I wrote a request to GOG support today, am curious to hear the answer. Hopefully it will come soon.

I think it's an impertinence of GOG to take money for such a mess. If they claim to have adapted “old” games for newer operating systems, then it should work.

The hint from the automatically generated support reply to this forum led me to you.

Have you found a solution in the meantime?

Greetings from Germany
Tachy

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
Hello,
That sounds like an install or system issue. A game like this should not crash your system. At most maybe a hard lock. I would say make sure the game is not installed into program files folder and then check the health of your memory and hard drive as it sounds like you might have a hardware issue. If neither of those is bad then it could be a sound or visual incompatibility.