I'm experiencing problems with the music stopping after playing for a while and I also don't get any of the voices for things to read (books, posters etc). This is for the gog - 20 release for mac.
I've been doing some testing with the GOG build on OSX. It appears the CUE sheet is damaged,
A solution would be to:
1. Download Windows version and run setup with wine
2. Grab the game.ins and MUSIC folder
3. Secondary Click on the alone in the dark game you have and show package content, go to Resources/game show package contents in this file inside here. Go to Contents / Resources again, show contents of Alone in the dark 3.boxer.
4. Under D.cdmedia, delete tracks.cue and paste game.ins / MUSIC in here.
5. Rename game.ins to tracks.cue.
6. in the tracks.cue file do a find / replace on MUSIC\ and replace with MUSIC/
It should work now.
A little disappointing how the GOG team aren't maintaining the Mac versions the same way!