It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm onto Level 2 and I'm running out of ammo. The only time i might have found any was when I chanced upon a rifle. Where can I get some?

I'm hoping that if I know the kind of places where you can find ammo, I won't be asking this question on every level.
Post edited June 09, 2015 by Sarariman
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Sarariman: I'm onto Level 2 and I'm running out of ammo. The only time i might have found any was when I chanced upon a rifle. Where can I get some?

I'm hoping that if I know the kind of places where you can find ammo, I won't be asking this question on every level.
From the start, go up the lift, then hook a right and go around the building and into the pitch black building (use flares or your image intensifier). Break the glass, drop down, and hit the four levers. When the door opens, go up the stairs but now go back to the right to where the glass is. There is a path that stays on the second level; go around the room, and take a lift up. Follow this path to the end where there's a smartgun. Go all the way back outside. From the pitch black building, go to the left through a small hallway. You'll appear in a larger area with the "BAR" sign. If you face the North building, there is a side passage on the right side where you'll find some pulse rifle ammo in a small, discreet section. Open the door to the North building. Go straight forward to find a pulse rifle, then head down the long hallway on the right-hand side, go through some vents, and explore all the rooms because there are pulse rifles strewn around. Hope this helps.
Post edited June 10, 2015 by Olde72
That post was very welcome indeed. But when it comes to finding that first smart gun, I take the elevator and follow the path and it leads to an opening I'd have to crouch to enter. I googled and saw it repeatedly said that AvP has no crouch command, so I need a llittle more help, if you can spare it.
Post edited June 10, 2015 by Sarariman
Sarariman: That post was very welcome indeed. But when it comes to finding that first smart gun, I take the elevator and follow the path and it leads to an opening I'd have to crouch to enter. I googled and saw it repeatedly said that AvP has no crouch command, so I need a llittle more help, if you can spare it.
AvP does indeed have a crouch command. Press Escape to bring up the menu, then Marine Key Configuration and bind Crouch to whatever button you want.
I spent a long time staring at the Marine Key Configuration screen wishing there was a crouch option, but the only options are forward, backward, left, right, strafe and strafe left. Many places say there's no crouch command. I wonder if they aren't talking about AvP Classic, because I googled some more and found the key is left CTRL, which enabled me to get the smartgun and its 500 rounds.

After that, I found the place with the sign saying, “BAR” and there was a rifle nearby. Was that what you meant?

You've already helped me greatly and not for the first time.
Sarariman: I spent a long time staring at the Marine Key Configuration screen wishing there was a crouch option, but the only options are forward, backward, left, right, strafe and strafe left. Many places say there's no crouch command. I wonder if they aren't talking about AvP Classic, because I googled some more and found the key is left CTRL, which enabled me to get the smartgun and its 500 rounds.

After that, I found the place with the sign saying, “BAR” and there was a rifle nearby. Was that what you meant?

You've already helped me greatly and not for the first time.
First things first, look at the image I attached. If you don't see the crouch button in the same location as my screen, then please screenshot it so I can try to troubleshoot it for you. Some places online are telling you that crouching isn't possible because it wasn't an option in Aliens vs. Predator (2010), also known as AVP3, which is not this game. Not enough distinction between the names, I know. But in fact there must be a crouch command in this game because without it, wall-crawling would be impossible.

In terms of where the weapons are, here's a list of all the weapons that I know of on Training mode, which I'm assuming you're playing on. If you're playing on a harder difficulty, some of these locations may not have the weapon I mention. First, once you get outside, head to the right until you reach a pitch black building with the word "East" on it. Immediately inside will be a pulse rifle. Take the path to the end, break the glass, drop down, flip the four switches, wait for the door to open, take the staircase up, and go to the right. A new path has opened that leads to the lift, which takes you to the smartgun; crouch to get inside. Exit the building, you never need to come back here. From the outside, immediately turn around and take the path next to the building, which will take you between two buildings. Turn to the right and you'll be in a wide area with the bar signs to your left and a much larger building to your right. Go up to the large building but notice a path to the right that leads to armour and a pulse rifle (if it's not here, it might be on the left path, its location may be randomized). Go back to the building, throw the lever, wait for the door to open, and go straight forward because there's a health kit and a pulse rifle. Take the right path, following the vents and killing xenos in your way. Eventually you'll reach a room with some water. If you just head forward you'll reach a medkit and pulse rifle. Again go to the right and ascend a lift. It will stop on the third floor but there's actually another pulse rifle and medkit on the second stop if you jump off at the right time.

From the third floor, just keep following the path that leads to the right until you reach a door that opens to a big blue room. There are five switches in this room that you need to flip, as well as a pulse rifle and pistol. Exit the room through the door you didn't come out of. Follow this path to the right until you reach a staircase. Halfway down the staircase it branches briefly to the right; there's a smartgun and medkit here. Grab those, then head down the stairs and you'll be on floor two. Follow the path into the med lab; there's a flamethrower near a hole in the floor. Don't drop down yet, but go inside the next room; use the smartgun or flamethrower on the next enemies but be careful not to light yourself on fire. In this room there will be a bypass on a table (which table is random each time), as well as a pulse rifle and/or armour or healthkit somewhere on the floor. Grab the bypass and drop down the hole in the floor outside this room.

Follow the path out of the room (there's a medkit along the way) until you reach a familiar hallway. The door to the outside will be on your right. Go outside, follow a path to your left, and just go around the buildings until you reach a huge gate (this is the South gate). If you have the bypass, it will open when you get close to it. There's a smartgun immediately behind the doors. Then just run forward to the end of the level. Incidentally, you don't need all this ammo. A single pulse rifle gives you five magazines and five grenades. But whatever, I thought I would just mention all these locations. ;P
Attachments:
crouch.jpg (17 Kb)
Turns out that the reason I didn't see what you do for the settings screen is that I had to press the down arrow key. Your previous advice had already solved this problem for me, for which you have my thanks, and I'm onto Episode V.

I'm playing on the medium difficulty level. I started off on the hardest but that was too much. I still die very quickly, which is annoying.