It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just a moment ago, I lunched the galaxy launcher of AvP and I got a window saying GOG Luncher is updating

PLEASE CHANGE THAT IMMEDIATELY!! Is one of the thing I hate the most about Steam and digital distribution in general. When I want to play a game, I want to play it right now, I don't want to sit and wait for some lame update, I don't care if it takes 1 minute or 1 hour. I happened to me countless times with steam and Xbox Live, but I can't unless I download an update first. Is soooo annoying!!! If you have to download an update, do it in the background, and if you can, please apply it in the background in a chrome style, or better yet, let ME chose when to download it and apply it.
Attachments:
galaxy.jpg (19 Kb)
The main problem with that is: You can not connect to a player who is on a different version.

Remember that this is primarily a test of the multiplayer functionality of the GOG Galaxy client.
TheScorpion: Just a moment ago, I lunched the galaxy launcher of AvP and I got a window saying GOG Luncher is updating

PLEASE CHANGE THAT IMMEDIATELY!! Is one of the thing I hate the most about Steam and digital distribution in general. When I want to play a game, I want to play it right now, I don't want to sit and wait for some lame update, I don't care if it takes 1 minute or 1 hour. I happened to me countless times with steam and Xbox Live, but I can't unless I download an update first. Is soooo annoying!!! If you have to download an update, do it in the background, and if you can, please apply it in the background in a chrome style, or better yet, let ME chose when to download it and apply it.
If you simply want to play the game alone (i.e. single player) then you are using the wrong shortcut. Galaxy launcher is optional and only required for the game's multiplayer. You can go to the Start menu, navigate to your AvP folder and there you should have two shortcuts: one to directly start the game and a second one that will start the game via the galaxy launcher.
As WingedKagouti pointed out, this is a test version of the client and it's only purpose is multiplayer testing and troubleshooting. For that reason it's not an option to ignore updates or have more freedom over the client. If users could choose where to install the client (some have expressed annoyance at not being allowed this) or customise the client it could lead to a lot of potential error reports that are unrelated to multiplayer or caused by something more time consuming and difficult to identify and fix.

This isnt the definitive version of the client and it doesnt have options or user comfort/conveniences. It's only purpose is to allow us to play online and allow GOG to analyse MP issues.