It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi, guys!

I noticed the launcher will set your Steam user name as your multiplayer nick. Since I have more than one of those and the assignment seems totally random I wonder if there is or will be an option to change it according to your preferences?
I'm guessing the game picks it up from a previously installed game, in this case Steam. As for Galaxy, it's still early days but i'm hoping eventually GOG users get the ability to change their nicknames. For now, whatever nickname you got, you're kinda stuck with it. As far as i know anyway
Tenchikaibyaku: I noticed the launcher will set your Steam user name as your multiplayer nick.
It does? How is that possible, since you can own and play AVP Classic 2000 on GOG without ever having used Steam? And if that's the case, why is my nickname Olde72 (as it is on GOG) but not Olde (as it is on Steam)?
Sounds like someone might be a tad confused. The GOG version will load the save game profile from a Steam install of AvP Classic if one already exists. Playing online with the GOG version will use your GOG username even if you already have the Steam version installed. At least that's what is happening for me.
Tenchikaibyaku: Hi, guys!

I noticed the launcher will set your Steam user name as your multiplayer nick. Since I have more than one of those and the assignment seems totally random I wonder if there is or will be an option to change it according to your preferences?
GOG didn't edit the readme.txt that comes with the game. The GOG version uses the GOG account name that you used to log in to the Galaxy client.