It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm playing as a marine. In the first mission, Derelict, I found and operated a switch on the wall near a health pack. I'm wondering what to do next. A walkthrough told me to go back across the walkway until I get to an elevator, but it was ages since I last saw an elevator, and that one doesn't seem to be the one the walkthrough is talking about. Help.
This question / problem has been solved by Olde72image
Sarariman: I'm playing as a marine. In the first mission, Derelict, I found and operated a switch on the wall near a health pack. I'm wondering what to do next. A walkthrough told me to go back across the walkway until I get to an elevator, but it was ages since I last saw an elevator, and that one doesn't seem to be the one the walkthrough is talking about. Help.
From the switch, turn back around and head out the way you came a few paces. You'll be on the catwalk with no railing overlooking a huge side of the derelict spacecraft. You can either fall to the floor (highly unrecommended, lol) or look for a lift. The lift will be on a small indentation on the left side of this catwalk. If it's at the bottom, wait a moment for it to ascend.
That works. Rejoice! And many thanks.

The walkthrough I used was not at all clear. In future, I'll be on the lookout for areas beside the main path and look no different to it but which turn out to be elevators.