It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

No sound and music at all when sound is sent through HDMI to audio receiver.
Not using receiver reveals that sound and music works well in usb headphones.
So the problem seems to be receiver :-)
I have tried these tools sofar:
Alchemy Universal: community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/28-creative-alchemy-universal/
Indirect Sound: www.indirectsound.com
but nothing helps
Is there a possibility to setup game to produce 3D positional audio to be able to benefits from tools noted above ?
I did not find any audio.cfg or something. This issue is similar to: steamcommunity.com/app/3730/discussions/0/846946588486771318/?l=czech

Thanks for help

Win7 64
gforce gtx570
Control panels - sound set to stereo
Post edited October 23, 2014 by ZbynA007
Partially solution available:

AvP Classic 2000 seems to be not fully patched b/c unofficial patch from
homepage.eircom.net/~duncandsl/avp/ solved all my issues with sound
and music :-) but multiplayer do not work because of Galaxy client always upgrade itself means
patched exe is overwritten :-(

Any chance for using unofficial patch from link I posted above for changes executables of AvP Classic 2000 ?
The source code of patch which solved my sound issues is available too.
Post edited October 23, 2014 by ZbynA007
Thanks to AdmiralBarett note (please see mantis.gog.com/view.php?id=859#c1606) further progress.
I disabled headphones devices and music works :-) but sound does not :-( .

But after having disabled headphones I was able to use this amazing program from: www.indirectsound.com/¨ together with unofficial patch from homepage.eircom.net/~duncandsl/avp/ I was able to emulate positional sound within 5+1ch, it is pretty scary game with 3d audio :-)

Unfortunately,both emulater from indirectsound.com and unofficial patch do not work with galaxy client b/c of instant game upgrading. So multiplayer with music but no sound effects no positional audio.
Don't launch the game from the Galaxy launcher, launch the game directly from the executable AvP_Classic.exe found in your GOG Games/AvP Classic folder.
Hi,

That's my website and official patch. Rebellion used my code changes (without crediting me..) for the Steam release in 2009 and I assume it's the same for the GOG version.

I'm using OpenAL soft for audio with my version these days so the 3D audio and reverb should work without issue for everyone, without needing to rely on Indirectsound and things like that.

Unfortunately Rebellion still use the original DirectSound code which is why people still run into issues with the audio side of things :(
sirlemonhead: Hi,

That's my website and official patch. Rebellion used my code changes (without crediting me..) for the Steam release in 2009 and I assume it's the same for the GOG version.
Hi,

First of all, many thanks for the great work you've done to preserve the game after so many years!

If you believe any of your work has been improperly used or credited, you should contact GOG. Hopefully, you will be able to reach some kind of understanding and we can avoid another game being pulled.
Hi,

I don't think anyone cares at this point :) I had contacted the CEO of Rebellion when the Steam version came out originally and he basically didn't care, said thanks and offered me a free copy of the AvP 2010 (which I never actually got in the end..)

I could tell they'd done it because all of my hand typed error/debug strings were present in their .exe. When I contacted them to request some credit for my work (which is all I asked for), that stuff silently disappeared in the next steam patch :p

What I always laugh at is how "xbox 360 controller support!" is always advertised in the press releases for this game - something I added in really quickly as test code for a port of the codebase to the original xbox console that I released. The 360 pad support was never meant to be anything serious which is why it's so badly implemented :)

I spoke to a few people about this situation at the time who were in the know and they basically all told me they had no right to use my source code *at all* without asking (and I also use, with permission, a few bits and pieces from the linux port of AvP so that guy didn't get credited either :))
sirlemonhead: I don't think anyone cares at this point :) I had contacted the CEO of Rebellion when the Steam version came out originally and he basically didn't care, said thanks and offered me a free copy of the AvP 2010 (which I never actually got in the end..)
There's a reason I said to contact GOG, not Rebellion. As a DRM-free distributor they are very committed that all their products are properly licensed and their authors credited; they want to be as legit as it gets. That includes community modders. It's not the first time that a publisher has appropriated other people's work and tried to sell it, and it doesn't always end well, with games being pulled. But that's how they wish to conduct their business, and just for knowing or suspecting the use of uncredited work, you should contact them. It's fortunate that the game hasn't gone on sale yet, otherwise they'd have to pull it until the matter was resolved.