It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

For anyone who is curious, I found out how to enable unlimited saves on the game as a limited number of saves per level are frustrating in this day and age to me. Add an argument of -unlimitedsaves in the target field of your shortcut. This only works on the AvP_Classic.exe executeable itself. It should look something like the following: "C:\pathtoinstallation\GOG Games\AvP Classic\AvP_Classic.exe" -unlimitedsaves. This will not work with the GOG Galaxy Client shortcut that is created during installation.
Add -unlimitedsave command when you right click and select properties on the main executable. That will allow you infinite saves whatever difficulty you play.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by Iain
I tried -unlimitedsave several times last night including this morning. It has to be -unlimitedsaves or it won't work.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by quischen
Ive tried your trick just now and it didn't work :-/ Tried to start a new profile on the game too - no luck. Any thoughts?
Did you add -unlimitedsaves to the target line of the executable program AvP_Classic.exe itself? This is different from the launcher. You also need to add it after the last quotation mark ( " ) of the target line.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Olde72
Never mind... I just tried saving several times over using ''director's cut /hard difficulty'' mode and it still said ''2 save games remaining'' no matter how many times I saved the game. I though that saving the game with unlimited saves shouldn't give the top message about remaining save games at all! Sorry for false alarm folks! Silly me.
Post edited October 21, 2014 by postafflatus
postafflatus: Never mind... I just tried saving several times over using ''director's cut /hard difficulty'' mode and it still said ''2 save games remaining'' no matter how many times I saved the game. I though that saving the game with unlimited saves shouldn't give the top message about remaining save games at all! Sorry for false alarm folks! Silly me.
so is there anyway to get unlimited save in director cut?
Yeah, if you read the post he said that he did get to use unlimited saves. It's just that every single time he saved, it gave him the same message saying "2 Saves Remaining," but in fact he could save as many times as he wanted.
i still cant get it to work, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong ????

attached a pic. plz help :D
Attachments:
Oza331: i still cant get it to work, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong ????

That's because you're modifying the launcher rather than the executable. The file you have to modify is called AvP_Classic.exe and is located in your GOG Games/AvP Classic folder.
Post edited October 27, 2014 by Olde72
Oza331: i still cant get it to work, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong ????

Olde72: That's because you're modifying the launcher rather than the executable. The file you have to modify is called AvP_Classic.exe and is located in your GOG Games/AvP Classic folder.
yeah i saw that, sorry for my stupidity...lol.

thanx
Does this work with Redux mod? I tried both -unlimitedsave and -unlimitedsaves options on the AvP_Classic.exe shortcut, but the saves still countdown.
You can try this:

Can I remove the limit on how many times I can save the game?
Yes. Open the file AliensVsPredator.cfg (see above to find this file if unsure where it is) and change the line UnlimitedSaves = false to UnlimitedSaves = true"
Source: [url=http://homepage.eircom.net/~duncandsl/avp]http://homepage.eircom.net/~duncandsl/avp[/url]/

But I didn't find "AliensVsPredator.cfg" file.
Post edited March 12, 2015 by SnowGabe
SnowGabe: But I didn't find "AliensVsPredator.cfg" file.
Try this: Users\Profile Name\My Documents\My Games\Aliens versus Predator
SnowGabe: But I didn't find "AliensVsPredator.cfg" file.
Olde72: Try this: Users\Profile Name\My Documents\My Games\Aliens versus Predator
I already searched from there, but 'My Games' folder is empty?