It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aliens Versus Predator Classic 2000 uses a launcher for the purposes of auto-updating the game and testing some of the features that will be available in the Galaxy Client. Please read the points below before posting any feedback regarding the launcher. Thank you!

1. Always start (or restart) the Launcher before playing the game. Let the update process finish (wait until status text changes to UP TO DATE), before clicking PLAY button.

2. If the application crashes or you encounter any problem or error, please go to http://mantis.gog.com/set_project.php?project_id=14&ref=bug_report_page.php, log in with your GOG.com account as usual and create an issue for us there. Please attach any information that will help us resolve the issue faster, such as logs (location where to find them is below), detailed reproduction steps, screenshots, etc.

Logs location:
On Windows Vista or later: C:\ProgramData\GalaxyClient\Logs
On Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\GalaxyClient\Logs
On MacOSX: /Users/Shared/Galaxy/Logs

3. If you encounter any other problem with the application, please post a detailed description, and if possible - method of reproducing it.
notnsane: 1. Client should ask were to be installed.
Launcher included with the AvP beta is not the final client. With the client you will be able to choose the installation folder, but some parts always need to be added to program files.

notnsane: 2. I don't like the idea of an extra permanent service in my PC. I'd rather have a process that's executed when I want to play the games.
The service only runs when the launcher (and the Client in the future) is launched, it's an integral part of the application.

notnsane: 3. Updates should be optional (as in, give us the option to update, forced updates are bad)
In the Client you will have more options regarding updates. Newest version is always required to play the multiplayer, and for the single player you don't need the launcher/client at all, so event now you can control the updates.
Splatsch: - is the launcher (or Galaxy) storing my username and password somewhere ? Is there an option to turn it on or off ?
No, you login with your username/password, but those credentials are never stored.
Splatsch: - Is Galaxy always running when you launched it one time and closed the game ?
Both with the current launcher used in AvP Multiplayer Beta and the upcoming Galaxy Client, you will be able to launch and quit the app manually. Of course once you quit you loose auto updates, until you re-launch the app again. There will be an option to auto launch the Client upon OS startup, but you will be able to control the app manually.
ooonY: Not being asked when or where to install the GalaxyClient is a no no.

Launcher creates Short Cut (after dl'ing updates) without being asked is a no no.
This is a temporary behaviour of our Launcher app that comes bundled with the AvP Multiplayer Beta. Once the Galaxy Client is ready you will be able to control those things.
Post edited October 17, 2014 by Venom
ShadowOwl: Why did the launcher download about 470 MB of data (pretty much the full game) right after I have installed the game?
This is just an unfortunate situation, where the installer available on the website is older than the newest version of the game.

This effect will be eliminated with the full Galaxy Client, as it will not rely on the installers from the website (witch will of course remain available).
13xforever: I, for one, would also argue that the option to store credentials permanently should be added. Even Blizzard caved in with their Battle.net launcher. It's just unpractical to fill in the autogenerated password every time I want to play the game.
There is no need to store your actual credentials, to allow you to stay logged in. You only have to login once, and the app will be able to securely access your account every time.
EasyGamer: Actually, is this "GoG Launcher" for AVP 2000 the actual GoG Galaxy software or am I missing something here?
Launcher is just a temporary solution. It will be replaced by the Galaxy Client, that will manage all you GOG games from one place.

danatblair: For some reason my email and password are not working.
What error are you getting exactly?

Can you login on www.gog.com now? (as this is exactly the same login screen as in the launcher)
Post edited October 21, 2014 by Venom