It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Enjoying the game so far, but I can't join multiplayer, as whenever i choose a server to join it comes up with a screen saying "game connection error". Please help.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
I have the same issue. I can find servers but it won't let me connect to them.
I'm getting this error too, which is strange because it popped out of nowhere today.
Played yesterday with no issues.
Okay, I looked a bit into this. I think it's a Firewall issue. Strange, because it didn't give me any problems yesterday; on the other hand, we had another update today.
I solved the "game connection error" by adding Alien Vs Predator Classic 2000, GalaxyClient and Galaxy Updater to the list of exceptions in the Windows Firewall Settings. While Alien Vs Predator Classic 2000 should be in the list after clicking on "Add Program", both of GalaxyClient and GalaxyUpdater must be selected from clicking "Browse", going to "C:\Program Files\GalaxyClient" and selecting GalaxyClient.exe and GalaxyUpdater.exe.

This is quite strange, since when Windows Firewall blocks a program, it notifies you of it, so you can unblock it easily without messing with the Firewall exception.
Let me know if this solves the issue for you.
Toraricky: Okay, I looked a bit into this. I think it's a Firewall issue. Strange, because it didn't give me any problems yesterday; on the other hand, we had another update today.
I solved the "game connection error" by adding Alien Vs Predator Classic 2000, GalaxyClient and Galaxy Updater to the list of exceptions in the Windows Firewall Settings. While Alien Vs Predator Classic 2000 should be in the list after clicking on "Add Program", both of GalaxyClient and GalaxyUpdater must be selected from clicking "Browse", going to "C:\Program Files\GalaxyClient" and selecting GalaxyClient.exe and GalaxyUpdater.exe.

This is quite strange, since when Windows Firewall blocks a program, it notifies you of it, so you can unblock it easily without messing with the Firewall exception.
Let me know if this solves the issue for you.
I've got the same problem, I've done what you've suggested but no luck so far. I even tried disabling my anti-virus completely, but still "game connection error"
Same issue here. I've been able to play a lot for the past few days, but now I'm getting a lot of these errors. Not always, but a lot.

Any time anything says Euro, EU, UK or anything remotely European, I can't connect.
Of the 100+ games I've tried to join, only 1 has worked. Keep getting "Game connection error" as mentioned above.

I also hosted a game at one point, and one person joined and we played for a while. Everything worked fine. He told me that he had been having the same issue and apparently mine was the first game he'd been able to join

It's worth mentioning I was booted from the game I was hosting, and I just attempted to host another game, and got booted within a few seconds
Post edited October 22, 2014 by ixaglet
Same issues folks!! No way to play online.
Actually, it has been some days since I almost stopped getting this message. I think it was just GOG servers not being able to handle all of the players.