It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I entered the join session room the list would update pretty fast but at the same time, it would reorder the rooms so they were constantly changing and you can´t scroll to see the rest, you are fixed to a number of rooms which appear and disappear pretty fast. It´d be better to have a scrollable list of joinable sessions.
It may say that there are no current session, but if you wait a few sconds, the joinable sessions appear after a while.
When joining I tried escaping and it went without a hitch, so I could choose another session, it loads in a few seconds.
The in-game time was without problems, I guess my ping wasn´t the best, so maybe it would be nice to see the ping to a game session before joining.

Now I didn´t play this game before but the speed was so funny, while chasing an alien or predator Benny Hill theme would start to sound in my head watching all those speedrunner marines that looked like Bolt on sugar diet :P. It was hectic. And the alien was like Flash Gordon on fire :D.

Also I set up the controls beforehand on the main menu but for some reason when I joined a multiplayer session it reverted back to the defaults.
LoboBlanco: When I entered the join session room the list would update pretty fast but at the same time, it would reorder the rooms so they were constantly changing and you can´t scroll to see the rest, you are fixed to a number of rooms which appear and disappear pretty fast. It´d be better to have a scrollable list of joinable sessions.
It may say that there are no current session, but if you wait a few sconds, the joinable sessions appear after a while.
When joining I tried escaping and it went without a hitch, so I could choose another session, it loads in a few seconds.
The in-game time was without problems, I guess my ping wasn´t the best, so maybe it would be nice to see the ping to a game session before joining.

Now I didn´t play this game before but the speed was so funny, while chasing an alien or predator Benny Hill theme would start to sound in my head watching all those speedrunner marines that looked like Bolt on sugar diet :P. It was hectic. And the alien was like Flash Gordon on fire :D.

Also I set up the controls beforehand on the main menu but for some reason when I joined a multiplayer session it reverted back to the defaults.
Totally agree, there is lots of issues with online game....
Are your custom settings saved in singleplayer?

When i changed controls i just exited the menu, but you actually have to navigate to Use these controls/settings to confirm changes. Confused me 1st time.
SleepyChef: Are your custom settings saved in singleplayer?

When i changed controls i just exited the menu, but you actually have to navigate to Use these controls/settings to confirm changes. Confused me 1st time.
Might be that. I guess that I´m accustomed to have a confirmation pop-up appear if I exit the setup screen without confirming changes.

By the way I should add that physics just made me have a good laugh through the rounds, every time someone bumped into me I would fly over to the other side of the room.........it was quite funny.
First time thought it was due to an explosion, then I thought it was an alien charge attack (if there was one at least) but later I foundout it was just someone bumping into me...........yeap..........like Sherlock would say..........."take out the impossible.............the remaining, although highly improbable, must be the truth" :P
Post edited October 21, 2014 by LoboBlanco
I have forgotten how hectic this game is. Or maybe i had a weak PC back then. AvP packs almost more chaos than QuakeLive...
I have to agree that it's hectic but I personally think that it is the best part of it and always keeps you on your toes which is really quite fun if ya get into it :P I would also like to see the server list altered a bit :P
This game is amazing. How did I never play this back in the day? This is up there with Quake 3 for sweating nervewracking Multiplayer.

Great fun so far. I can see myself playing this quite a bit
During a co-op game, lots of clipping and enemies (aliens) just flying into open air (not walls or ceilings).

So far with multiplayer, works okay. I'd connect 3 out of 5 attempts. I'm pretty pleased and hope that there'll be more multiplayer games working with the launchers.
Alien still has advantage in multiplayer
ares10071973: Alien still has advantage in multiplayer
Hardly. The only race that has a good advantage (if the player plays it right) is the predator. This is even if you take out the disc and pred pistol. An alien may only seem like it has the advantage among newer players due to its speed, and fair enough possibly at that stage it would be difficult for people to take out, but if you play pred or marine enough then aliens become fairly simple to take out. Taking out a predator is generally a chore for aliens.
ares10071973: Alien still has advantage in multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=335923074