It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I would also prefer the written guide. And for some of us who haven't played AVP before, it would be a terrific learning curve.

The other way to do it is to take screenshots here and there, and add them to the guide.

So far i've only played as a marine with a plasma rifle. The game did say that aliens were probably more advanced though.
Finally finished my alien guide. Let me know what you guys think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332530855
Olde72: Finally finished my alien guide. Let me know what you guys think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332530855
That seems fairly comprehensive and should be a good help.
I played only like 30minutes myself. I noticed that the first mission in alien is kinda dark. Too dark for my screen, it seems. I had problem with orientation. Also, as I remember original avp game, when playing alien and walking on walls, there were really helpful arrow-like indicators that would tell you where the ground is (so you know you're on the ceiling and you should be ready for a sudden drop when you release crawling), I'm missing that in this version, personally.
biribirichan: Also, as I remember original avp game, when playing alien and walking on walls, there were really helpful arrow-like indicators that would tell you where the ground is (so you know you're on the ceiling and you should be ready for a sudden drop when you release crawling), I'm missing that in this version, personally.
You're describing AvP2 here.

In AvP, the Alien hud was always like this. If anything, the AvP2010 Alien hud was much more efficient than in both of those games.

People playing AvP will just have to get used to this minimalistic hud and if they'll ever get good at playing the Alien, they'll discover they don't even need that hud anymore.
Post edited November 07, 2014 by Aph3x-SkorpioN