It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anybody know what was changed in Universal update (patch 1.06)?
This question / problem has been solved by JinseiNGC224image
Kank: Anybody know what was changed in Universal update (patch 1.06)?
Alan Wake v1.06 release notes:

Added a “Very Low” graphics setting to enable the game to run on lower performance GPUs. This disables MSAA and grass (that’s dependent on it) and disables fading between LOD levels.
Added grass draw distance slider - note that the HIGH setting now uses more computer performance.
Fixed Alt+Tab crash on some systems.
Fixed a very rare startup crash.
Fixes some cases where the game started to main menu but users could not select any menu entries. This was caused by the keybinds.xml being corrupted.
Fixed some cases of handling custom My Documents paths where game could crash if that was mapped to the root of a drive.
Fixed the minor DLC1 “black cubes in the mirror” graphical glitch.
JinseiNGC224: Alan Wake v1.06 release notes:
Thank you!
Still no way of getting subs in a language and voice in another?
Kank: Anybody know what was changed in Universal update (patch 1.06)?
JinseiNGC224: Alan Wake v1.06 release notes:

Added a “Very Low” graphics setting to enable the game to run on lower performance GPUs. This disables MSAA and grass (that’s dependent on it) and disables fading between LOD levels.
Added grass draw distance slider - note that the HIGH setting now uses more computer performance.
Fixed Alt+Tab crash on some systems.
Fixed a very rare startup crash.
Fixes some cases where the game started to main menu but users could not select any menu entries. This was caused by the keybinds.xml being corrupted.
Fixed some cases of handling custom My Documents paths where game could crash if that was mapped to the root of a drive.
Fixed the minor DLC1 “black cubes in the mirror” graphical glitch.
Cool, so now it will run on my computer now - YAY!
I got the alt+tab crash a few times. I am glad to see that bug was fixed.
The love and support Remedy is giving to Alan Wake and PC gamers is amazing, thank you!
Here's a good explanation for this patch:

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/the_what_did_just_update_thread/post1674

If that had appeared yesterday then I wouldn't have started this thread because I thought this was a new patch.
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Kank