It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm getting a message that this patch will not load and I have to download the new installer, is there any aternative to redownloading and reinstalling the whole game?
This question / problem has been solved by JudasIscariotimage
don2712: I'm getting a message that this patch will not load and I have to download the new installer, is there any aternative to redownloading and reinstalling the whole game?
Not as far as I am aware.
I guess I'm in the same boat. I thought I had acquired all of the patches, but I either missed one, or you can't patch all of the way up from the beginning. With so many patches it might just be better anyway to get an up to date installer.
don2712: I'm getting a message that this patch will not load and I have to download the new installer, is there any aternative to redownloading and reinstalling the whole game?
if you got this message , i'm afraid you need to download again the whole game :/ . Sometimes a patch for a v2 installer is usable with a v1 installer if i'm not wrong, but obviously not in this case.
Post edited November 08, 2013 by DyNaer
Hi,

If you still have version 1.0 of the installer for Alan Wake, see if you have a file called patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16.exe as that will patch up the game to version 1.06 if you are still using one of our version 1.0 installers :)

The version 2.0.0 installer for patch 1.06 will only work with version 2.0 of the main game installer.

Let me know if you need any extra help and I'll be happy to help you out :)
JudasIscariot: Hi,

If you still have version 1.0 of the installer for Alan Wake, see if you have a file called patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16.exe as that will patch up the game to version 1.06 if you are still using one of our version 1.0 installers :)

The version 2.0.0 installer for patch 1.06 will only work with version 2.0 of the main game installer.

Hi,
I had already installed patch 1.0.3.16 a little while ago so I am up to date. I assume the information you have just given me was probably on the forum somewhere and I missed it at the time.
Thank you

OK, I understand, but when I install patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16, it tells me it is already installed. Cool, I think, and try installing patch 2.0.1.19 again. Same message:
"This patch does not support your version of the game. Please downloa a new installer."

Is this a re-download situation?

AlBQuirky: OK, I understand, but when I install patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16, it tells me it is already installed. Cool, I think, and try installing patch 2.0.1.19 again. Same message:
"This patch does not support your version of the game. Please downloa a new installer."

patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16 is for the version 1.0.X of the installer for Alan Wake. You can check the version number of your game by letting the intro run a bit and then it will show a title screen with the version number displayed :) Check that first.

Patch 2.0.1.19 will only work if you used version 2.0 of the Alan Wake installer :)
I'm having this issue also. Does this mean I have to re-download all ~8 gigs and re-install before I can apply the two-point-whatever patch?
AlBQuirky: OK, I understand, but when I install patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16, it tells me it is already installed. Cool, I think, and try installing patch 2.0.1.19 again. Same message:

JudasIscariot: patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16 is for the version 1.0.X of the installer for Alan Wake. You can check the version number of your game by letting the intro run a bit and then it will show a title screen with the version number displayed :) Check that first.

Patch 2.0.1.19 will only work if you used version 2.0 of the Alan Wake installer :)
OK... So do I even need this new patch? I am running ver 1.06.17.0155

If I do, then it sounds like I will need to download the new installer.

JudasIscariot: patch_gogalanwake_1.0.3.16 is for the version 1.0.X of the installer for Alan Wake. You can check the version number of your game by letting the intro run a bit and then it will show a title screen with the version number displayed :) Check that first.

AlBQuirky: OK... So do I even need this new patch? I am running ver 1.06.17.0155

If I do, then it sounds like I will need to download the new installer.

Version 1.06.17.0155 is the latest version of Alan Wake (that I know of unless someone sneaked in a update >.> ) so you're golden, nothing left to do but play the game :)