It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GAME UPDATE #15 - 06/24 @ 11:15 (PST):

This week we're releasing a new feature that has been highly requested by some of our competitive players - Quickmatch! This week's patch is also a maintenance release in order to prepare for our German localized version of the game which we should have ready very shortly.

As always, please let us know what you think of the latest update and let us know if we're missing something or you spot a problem.

-8Bit

NEW FEATURES:
* Quickmatch (Player Requested): Multiplayer now provides an option to randomly match against another player of an equal skill setting in 1v1 using our internal Elo rating system. Maps are randomly selected from an approved list selected and updated by the design team. All matches use standard victory condition, with 10k resources, and crates turned off. Players need only select Quickmatch and then choose their faction.
* Added support for downloading of custom maps when using the Steam Invite System

GENERAL IMPROVEMENTS:
* Fix for issue in which infantry were still playing their run sounds even while being transported
* Removed delay before playing the movie when surrendering or while in the tutorial
* Fixed issue related to the AI firing a superweapon after the relevant structure had already been destroyed
* Font support for German language characters Ä, Ö, Ü, and ß for upcoming translation release
What about the other massively requested function, namely LAN play?
mechmouse: What about the other massively requested function, namely LAN play?
I've asked it on discord. So far it isn't the feature that be coming in the closest future for sure, but as I understood it - neither it is a solid "no". Plus, with recent server problems, I think they might ponder about this or allowing players to host their own servers. I hope.
Dition: I've asked it on discord. So far it isn't the feature that be coming in the closest future for sure, but as I understood it - neither it is a solid "no". Plus, with recent server problems, I think they might ponder about this or allowing players to host their own servers. I hope.
Occasional server problems I can live with, its temporary and passing. But knowing that the multiplayer servers can not exist indefinitely is a real issue.
Sure they might be there in 5 years time, but what about 10? 15? There is no way the developers can promise to keep the servers running forever.

These guys are industry veterans. Not only have they been there and got the T-Shirt, they've worn the same shirt for 15 Years!

The lack of LAN play is unfathomable.
thank you for a patch
mechmouse: The lack of LAN play is unfathomable.
At least it's a clear message that they don't want my money. I can live with that.
So, is LAN play already in the roadmap? or is it more like "well, maybe in the future... if we feel like it... who knows..."?

I'd very much like to give my money to Petroglyph Games, so please make it happen :)
Post edited June 27, 2016 by svmariscal
svmariscal: So, is LAN play already in the roadmap? or is it more like "well, maybe in the future... if we feel like it... who knows..."?

I'd very much like to give my money to Petroglyph Games, so please make it happen :)
It currently "we're not saying no.... but not saying yes either"
svmariscal: So, is LAN play already in the roadmap? or is it more like "well, maybe in the future... if we feel like it... who knows..."?

mechmouse: It currently "we're not saying no.... but not saying yes either"
I'd be okay with just "we're looking into it"
mechmouse: It currently "we're not saying no.... but not saying yes either"
svmariscal: I'd be okay with just "we're looking into it"
I don't think they've even said that.
mechmouse: I don't think they've even said that.
I only remember reading something like “we are aware of a minority that is interested in a LAN mode”.
Get a store credit from GOG like I did. I gave up asking this dev for LAN.
Post edited June 29, 2016 by LiqMat
LiqMat: Get a store credit from GOG like I did. I gave up asking this dev for LAN.
I'm not impressed by your attitude. AFAIK there's never been a clear statement about implementing/not implementing LAN play in the future. Probably they don't want to declare something they're not sure about yet. They have presented current schedule and stated what they're working on right now.

Thus your demand of refund looks shady to me. You wanted a refund because the game isn't like what you imagined it would be? Do you make such action towards other games you buy?

E.g. if you buy the latest Total War: WARHAMMER and after purchase you realise it doesn't support LAN either, do you ask for refund as well?
LiqMat: Get a store credit from GOG like I did. I gave up asking this dev for LAN.
zeffyr: I'm not impressed by your attitude. AFAIK there's never been a clear statement about implementing/not implementing LAN play in the future. Probably they don't want to declare something they're not sure about yet. They have presented current schedule and stated what they're working on right now.

Thus your demand of refund looks shady to me. You wanted a refund because the game isn't like what you imagined it would be? Do you make such action towards other games you buy?

E.g. if you buy the latest Total War: WARHAMMER and after purchase you realise it doesn't support LAN either, do you ask for refund as well?
It depends

If the limitations of multiplayer are not clear before purchase, then absolutely he should.

We bought 2 copies of Emperor: Battle for Dune when it was first released. It was not clear that multiplayer needed internet (back when most of us where on DUN).

It took a while to get the shop to accept the return.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mechmouse: It depends

If the limitations of multiplayer are not clear before purchase, then absolutely he should.
Exactly.

It was not clear to me when this game was first released on GOG that Galaxy was a requirement for multiplayer as you can see in my original thread:

https://www.gog.com/forum/8bit_armies/multiplayer_and_coop_greyed_out_in_the_menu
Post edited June 29, 2016 by LiqMat