It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Was greeted by the following after upgrading to the latest version:

Running Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War
/media/snowfall/Storage/GOG Games/Warhammer 40,000 - Gladius - Relics Of War/game/Binaries/Linux-x86_64/Gladius.bin: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.32' not found (required by /media/snowfall/Storage/GOG Games/Warhammer 40,000 - Gladius - Relics Of War/game/Binaries/Linux-x86_64/Gladius.bin)
I'm on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and the previous version worked just fine. Tried finding a more recent libstdc and using that, but then it complains about some GLIBCXX_2.x it can't find. Tried the latest Arch package (thinking of SteamOS) and it's the same.

What the freck did these guys compile it against and why didn't they statically link libstdc++ for the Emperor's sake?
Post edited March 19, 2024 by WinterSnowfall
I have not tested it on Ubuntu 22.04 so I can not promise it will help, but ./play.it drops most shipped libraries in favour of system ones, so it might get rid of this incompatibility.
I ran a test on a Debian 12 and got the same error. ./play.it does not help here.

---

And now it works!

After installing the game with ./play.it, I put a recent libstdc++6 build (from Debian Sid) in "~/.local/lib/games/warhammer-40k-gladius". Nothing else is required.
~/.local/lib/games/warhammer-40k-gladius/
├── libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.33
└── libstdc++.so.6.0.33
Post edited March 20, 2024 by vv221
vv221: And now it works!

After installing the game with ./play.it, I put a recent libstdc++6 build (from Debian Sid) in "~/.local/lib/games/warhammer-40k-gladius". Nothing else is required.

~/.local/lib/games/warhammer-40k-gladius/
├── libstdc++.so.6 -> libstdc++.so.6.0.33
└── libstdc++.so.6.0.33
vv221:
Thank you, I'll grab it from Sid as well I guess. *Sigh*, none of this would be necessary if people actually tested running these builds on the OSes they tout to support.

Edit: No dice in my case. Adding libstdc++.so.6.0.33 makes the game complain about a wrong version for libc.so.6, and adding that from Sid causes a segmentation fault. I guess I'll stick to the older version of the game for now.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by WinterSnowfall
Well, I've dropped an email to Slitherine Support, let's see how it goes. GOG support was sort of useless, as expected :/. No offense guys, but you should just forward these yourselves, not ask us to reach out to the devs.
Post edited March 20, 2024 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: Well, I've dropped an email to Slitherine Support, let's see how it goes.
The dev studio, Proxy Studios, treat Linux as a first party target (this is not a port of a Windows build). So I expect we will get a good fix soon.
vv221: The dev studio, Proxy Studios, treat Linux as a first party target (this is not a port of a Windows build). So I expect we will get a good fix soon.
As an update, I got a reply from Proxy Studios and it should be fixed now in the game's beta branch. Hoping the next version of the offline installers will include the fix.

Edit: Got hold of beta binaries and can confirm it works now :).
Post edited March 22, 2024 by WinterSnowfall
WinterSnowfall: (…)
Thanks for the heads up, it’s good to see for once a game studio that is reactive about Linux-specific problems.
Mmmh, there still is only the 1.13.03 version offline installer for linux available. Where is the latest .04 version?