It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Any update on this? Has it been patched/fixed...or should I just give up on GOG and go with Steam exclusively? This is seriously disappointing, as I'm a major fan of 40K games, but if they're unplayable, what's the point?! -_-

PS - For the record, there is a youtube video that shows how to fix some of the issues, but link sharing is blocked, apparently. Can't have folks sharing easy resources to fix something the GOG team could fix, if they put their minds/time to it. ...that or I'm not "special enough" to share links. Meh! Whatever...go to youtube, lookup "chaos gate fixes for windows 10". That will get you the right video, and then you can do GOG's job for them. >_<
Post edited June 10, 2017 by angryspac3monk3y
Is there a fix for this for windows 7? Seems all the fixes are for windows 10. Will it work for 7? I just want to play the damned game.
Just a quick heads up. I've been having a go of WH40K Sanctus Reach recently but wanted to revisit these older titles as Sanctus Reach is still work-in-progress.

DxWrapper - another direct draw wrapper.

Appears to be the best solution to use for Chaos Gate.

I'm not suffering from any crashes and/or slowdown in the menus or in-game.

It also seems to fix Final Liberation.

I'm not getting any movement/range overlay slowdown and the movies play.

Not using any Windows compatibility modes on the game executables.

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 [Version 10.0.14393].
Post edited September 28, 2017 by mwnn
mwnn: Just a quick heads up. I've been having a go of WH40K Sanctus Reach recently but wanted to revisit these older titles as Sanctus Reach is still work-in-progress.

DxWrapper - another direct draw wrapper.

Appears to be the best solution to use for Chaos Gate.

I'm not suffering from any crashes and/or slowdown in the menus or in-game.

It also seems to fix Final Liberation.

I'm not getting any movement/range overlay slowdown and the movies play.

Not using any Windows compatibility modes on the game executables.

Windows 10 LTSB 2016 [Version 10.0.14393].
I just tried this, and now I don't even get the error on startup. Just nothing. Is there anything else you did to get it running besides win7 compatibility and putting those 2 files in the wh40k directory?
sillyjordo: I just tried this, and now I don't even get the error on startup. Just nothing. Is there anything else you did to get it running besides win7 compatibility and putting those 2 files in the wh40k directory?
For Final Liberation all I did was:
> Apply the Movie Crash Patch (not sure if this does anything - it does make a backup of original file Epic40k.Bak.exe)

> Set Windows Compatibility modes as in attached picture on Epic40k.exe and on the desktop shortcut

> Extracted this wrapper: https://github.com/elishacloud/dxwrapper/wiki/Warhammer-40,000-Chaos-Gate
into C:\GOG Games\WH40K Final Liberation

The process is similar for Chaos Gate.
I just extract the wrapper and set the same compatibility modes on WH40K.exe and on the desktop shortcut

You might need DirectPlay installed (attached picture)
And it never hurts to install DirectX runtimes.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/download/details.aspx?id=8109
Attachments:
Post edited November 04, 2017 by mwnn
Seams like there wasa uppdate today, does not seam to change anything...
Terrorblades: Seams like there wasa uppdate today, does not seam to change anything...
Same for me :(
Crashes to desktop when starting first mission.
Try to install the game in:

C:\GOG Games\WH40K Chaos Gate

This work for me.
If I change the directory to WH40K Chaos Gate then I get this

The editor works but the game doesn't
Attachments:
Post edited April 11, 2019 by BananaJane
I was having the crash the desktop issue after trying to play the first mission as well. I changed the directory to C:\GOG Games\WH40k Chaos Gate which then started going super slow (also I couldn't open it from GOG I had to go directly to the file and open it from there but you could probably make a shortcut that would work fine.)

I looked for some updates/patches and I found some instructions and downloaded the small fix (step-by-step below of ho i got there). As of now I can start and play the first mission. I haven't had any color issues yet but I remember having this issue some years back when tried playing. I was able to find a fix by typing my issue into google. Past that I can't really remember where I found it.

Step-by-Step getting to the fix I found:

1. Typed in "Chaos Gate windows 10 fix" into google.
2. First link was a pcgamingwiki link for warhammer 40k Chaos Gate which I followed.
3. One of the first things on the page is"Key Points" and I followed the link at the end of the "game is unplayable by default..." key point.
4. Read/skim the instructions and download the 2 files.
Would love to hear from some folks if this worked. Way to sketchy for me to do at the moment. Dev seems to be active on Git, but I am far to wary.
Oathed: Crashes to desktop when starting first mission.
same
Game still crash in loading first mision, its realy shame.
Mines crashing when I go into the first mission as well.
Chaos Gate naturally installed in gog/games/chaosgate

is there not a solution for this?