It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I3uryme: Mines crashing when I go into the first mission as well.
Chaos Gate naturally installed in gog/games/chaosgate

is there not a solution for this?
I would like to know if this was fixed also. Tried playing today, installed fine, open game fine, team select, fine. start mission...CRASH :-(
Moving the install out of the Program Files folder did the trick for me. Less than ideal, but it's working now, for now.
Hi

New installation today, game crashes on starting mission.

Seem reacuring, tried to move it arround (even c:\ChaosGate) no avail.

Dxwnd solutions also failed.

Any ideas ?
No fix... no purchase. Thanks for the posts all. It helps to know this is defunct.
same crash
Is there any news to it? Tried to run it today and all went fine untill i started the mission, it crashed instantly with no sounds or visuals.
Game crashes on mission start • Link
Instructions[citation needed]
The installation path can only have 2 subfolders and 35 characters total. If the game crashes, place the installation folder closer to the root drive. (e.g. Instead of installing to C:\GOG Games\WH40K Chaos Gate, try creating/installing to a location such as C:\Chaos Gate or C:\WH40K)

To all who crashed at start mission.
Also Compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Post edited April 06, 2021 by Patamushta
EDIT:

My Previous post was wrong still caused crashes eventually. Applies these fixes and stable now.

Credit to: www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Warhammer_40,000:_Chaos_Gate#Crash_to_desktop_on_Chaos_turn

I.
Game crashes on startup • Link
Comptability mode[citation needed]
Enable the following compatibility settings for WH40K.exe located in <path-to-game>.

Compatibility mode Windows XP (Service Pack 2)
Run in 256 colors (XP/Vista/7)
Disable visual themes (XP/Vista/7)
Disable desktop composition (XP/Vista/7)
Disable display scaling on high DPI settings
Run this program as an administrator

II.
Crash to desktop on Chaos turn • Link
Editing WeapDef.dat[citation needed]
Make a backup of the WeapDef.dat file before editing.
Go to <path-to-game>\Data\
Open WeapDef.dat with a text editor.
Go to line 201 and change PlazPistHit.wav to PlazpistHit.wav.
Save changes.
If the crashing persists change the following lines as well
Go to line 165 and change 4 #Animation to 5 #Animation.
Go to line 200 and change 2 #Number of Sound Effects for Firing to 1 #Number of Sound Effects for Firing.
Go to line 202 and add # to the beginning of the line.
Post edited April 28, 2022 by Tzeentch2022
I saw that Chaos Gate got an update, but when I tried running it, the game kept crashing, despite it working okay before the update (been about a year or so since I played it).

What I did to get it working was to uninstall the game, then reinstall, and it ran fine (or at least as fine as Chaos Gate ever runs). I think the issue was that I had used the fan-made DX wrapper, and those weren't replaced with the latest update, thus causing a conflict.

So if your game broke, I'd recommend doing a fresh install (keep in mind you can opt to preserve your save games when uninstalling, and that you can also copy the 'Save G' folder out to a different folder as well.)

For reference, I'm running Windows 10, and I have the game installed to C:\GOG Games\WH40K Chaos Gate.
Here is a solution i found anyone confirm so its not a fluke:

The installation path can only have 2 subfolders and 35 characters total. If the game crashes, place the installation folder closer to the root drive. (e.g. Instead of installing to C:\GOG Games\WH40K Chaos Gate, try creating/installing to a location such as C:\Chaos Gate or C:\WH40K)
Starkrun: Here is a solution i found anyone confirm so its not a fluke:

Starkrun:
Correct you have to install it on C: top file lvl and the game runs fine. I have be successfully playing that way for over a year
Praise the lord, a working solution! If so, I can play one of the best ever games again!
I put mine in my usb drive G\chaos gate and it works.Every other thing I tried did no good.

This acts like it like a character limit like win 98 had before 32 bit was it? My memory is going. This should be able to get fixed.
Post edited June 29, 2022 by smuggly
Can Validate, works if installed into c:\WH40K
I didnt even enable any compatibility options. Wn 10

Seems to be a character limit exception that is not fixed.
Installed the latest version on Windows 11 (22H2)

Working great with no issues, the DirectX wrapper it comes with is doing the trick!
It's even installed into a directory with a really long path "\Games\GOG Games\WH40K Chaos Gate".
Not even using any Windows compatibility settings.