It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i know there are a lot of preformances issues but i cant get a rest till i clear this up -

my HD4850 512mb is giving me the same performances regardless of game settings.
on 1280X720 with no AA and no SSAO and no blurs i get around 20 FPS.
on 1680X1050 WITH AA and SSAO and no blurs i get.... the same.... maybe a frame or two less.

so i come to a conclusion that there is something seriously wrong. my card is held back by something.
also when i press the benchmark tool that comes with the game i get a result of LOW. as if my PC is minimum.

my rig:
HD4850 512mb
Q6600 at 2.4ghz
4gb ram
win 7
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Usually if its not the card its Ram or Cpu.

However try the game in windowed mode.
Something tells me it's the processor.
running in window mod hasnt helped and of course i wouldnt try ubersampling. im not stupid :)

if i have 512mb of Vram what should i set my texture level to with the configurator of TW2? medium?

kindiboy, is there a way to test to see if it's the CPU? how can i know for sure where is the bottle neck?
cuz i've read more than enough about ppl with poor performances so up until know i assumed it's not my rig's fault and that a fix should come out sometimes soon, but now u r scaring me....
it has to be the processor, i have the same settings but a better processor and it runs fine on mine
fishboy11: it has to be the processor, i have the same settings but a better processor and it runs fine on mine
i will try a slight over clock but i doubt it'll help.
is there something i can do on my rig or game settings to improve this?!
topeira: running in window mod hasnt helped and of course i wouldnt try ubersampling. im not stupid :)

if i have 512mb of Vram what should i set my texture level to with the configurator of TW2? medium?

kindiboy, is there a way to test to see if it's the CPU? how can i know for sure where is the bottle neck?
cuz i've read more than enough about ppl with poor performances so up until know i assumed it's not my rig's fault and that a fix should come out sometimes soon, but now u r scaring me....
You have already done the test, you changed the settings and nothing is changing that's a bottleneck on the CPU part, because this game demands alot from the GPU.

regarding the Vram I would set that on low then test by spinning the camera (360 degrees) and checking the frame drops in FRAPS (and go higher gradually), if the frame drops was acceptable or stopped and your game or OS didn't crash then you reached the best setting.
Post edited May 18, 2011 by kindiboy
You don't have anything that's CPU intensive running in the background do you?
C17: You don't have anything that's CPU intensive running in the background do you?
what can be CPU demanging? what should i make sure i disable?
also, how can i tell , of all the things that run in the BG by default, what is more demanding on the CPU?
how can i test if my CPU is bucking under the pressure? alt-tab and use task manager and see if the CPU graphs are way up?

p.s., thanks kindiboy. will do that
Post edited May 18, 2011 by topeira
fishboy11: it has to be the processor, i have the same settings but a better processor and it runs fine on mine
topeira: i will try a slight over clock but i doubt it'll help.
I OCed my Q6600 from 2.66 stock to 3.2 and gained 4000+ points in 3DMark 2006 (I know it is old, but i purchased it before). From 13440 to 17605. So the OC in my case does help a lot. BTW I am running 2-4850 on crossfire just to let you know.
topeira: i will try a slight over clock but i doubt it'll help.
arimakun: I OCed my Q6600 from 2.66 stock to 3.2 and gained 4000+ points in 3DMark 2006 (I know it is old, but i purchased it before). From 13440 to 17605. So the OC in my case does help a lot. BTW I am running 2-4850 on crossfire just to let you know.
what are your OC details? what is your cpu host speed? and what's your system memory multiplyer?
i assume your clock ration is 9X, right?

i dont get it. my CPU is considered recommended. why isnt it enough? i'd barely call it minimum with 20 FPS (more like 15-23)

is there something i can do to help my CPU? something about page file or... i dont know... im not very good with computers.... :\
Post edited May 18, 2011 by topeira
arimakun: I OCed my Q6600 from 2.66 stock to 3.2 and gained 4000+ points in 3DMark 2006 (I know it is old, but i purchased it before). From 13440 to 17605. So the OC in my case does help a lot. BTW I am running 2-4850 on crossfire just to let you know.
topeira: what are your OC details? what is your cpu host speed? and what's your system memory multiplyer?
i assume your clock ration is 9X, right?

i dont get it. my CPU is considered recommended. why isnt it enough? i'd barely call it minimum with 20 FPS (more like 15-23)

is there something i can do to help my CPU? something about page file or... i dont know... im not very good with computers.... :\
It is not that easy or that hard to OC the Q6600, granting you have a decent MB. I use a multiplier of 8, with FSB set at 400, with CPU core voltage set to 1.3V. I did this because my RAM is DDR2-800, so by doing an 400 FSB my RAM stays not overclocked. Other settings will depend on your MB and Bios. Also you will need an aftermaket CPU cooler in order to do this, using the stock cooler is not that recommended.
I think the problem might be related to ATI cards, i have an 5870 and regardless of settings i could not get anymore than 15-20 fps.

By implementing these tweaks i got my fps up to 45 fps on everything high (DoF and uber =off).

1. Run the game in windowed mode.

2. Enable Vssync and force it on with RadeonPro

3. Disable anti aliasing (also in radeon pro)

4. Max the Flip Size queue in Radeon Pro

5. Enable all optimizations available in Radeon pro

6. Fake the game to think the Graphics card is an Nvidia 465 GTX using RadeonPro (VendorID is 0x10DE)
ASvinda: I think the problem might be related to ATI cards, i have an 5870 and regardless of settings i could not get anymore than 15-20 fps.

By implementing these tweaks i got my fps up to 45 fps on everything high (DoF and uber =off).

1. Run the game in windowed mode.

2. Enable Vssync and force it on with RadeonPro

3. Disable anti aliasing (also in radeon pro)

4. Max the Flip Size queue in Radeon Pro

5. Enable all optimizations available in Radeon pro

6. Fake the game to think the Graphics card is an Nvidia 465 GTX using RadeonPro (VendorID is 0x10DE)
thanks for taking the time sharing your solution. sadly it didnt help. my GPU is no where as good as yours, if im not mistaken, anyways.

also i didnt quit get some of the things u have ddone in radeon pro.

1) clear enough :)

2) there is double refresh and normal one. which was it? dont think it matters at all though.

3) what do u mean DISABLED? forced it off? u can do that in the game' configurator, no?

4) u turned it up to 5? ok....

5) which boxes did u tick? there are a few that im not sure if they optimize something or just enable a feature that might slow the game down.

6) i think the ID u gave is wrong. where is it possible to see a table of IDs?

i am suffering from an overall confusion:
i just dont understand how come in the system requirements my system was considered recommended with my quad core CPU and 4850 GPU yet the benchmarking tool of the game claims i must run it on LOW and LOW is what it recommends.
usually i am getting about 23 FPS anywhere but the busy town in chapter 1 (chapter one is as far as i got , for now) where i get less. thing is, as i said, im getting the same amount of FPS, give or take 4-5 FPS. how can it be that i can't get over 30-35 FPS anywhere?

also, is it possible that something is wrong with my CPU?
in the past week or so i had about 3 crashes to the blue screen of death (dumping physical memory something something) which was weird. these crashes happened during playing a game and during watching a movie, so i dont think it was a GPU problem cuz it was sound asleep when the movie was playing. dont know if it has anything to do with anything.
this is just a guess, but make sure your PC is clean, especially the fans and heatsinks for both CPU and GPU. 4850's are notorious for getting hot, also things bog down when your system is running above a certain temp. i clean my rig regularly every 2 months with canned air i bought in bulk as i have 3-120mm fans in my case which pushes a lot of air and therefore dust into my machine.
Post edited May 18, 2011 by arimakun