It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

ASvinda: I think the problem might be related to ATI cards, i have an 5870 and regardless of settings i could not get anymore than 15-20 fps.

By implementing these tweaks i got my fps up to 45 fps on everything high (DoF and uber =off).

1. Run the game in windowed mode.

2. Enable Vssync and force it on with RadeonPro

3. Disable anti aliasing (also in radeon pro)

4. Max the Flip Size queue in Radeon Pro

5. Enable all optimizations available in Radeon pro

6. Fake the game to think the Graphics card is an Nvidia 465 GTX using RadeonPro (VendorID is 0x10DE)
topeira: thanks for taking the time sharing your solution. sadly it didnt help. my GPU is no where as good as yours, if im not mistaken, anyways.

also i didnt quit get some of the things u have ddone in radeon pro.

1) clear enough :)

2) there is double refresh and normal one. which was it? dont think it matters at all though.

3) what do u mean DISABLED? forced it off? u can do that in the game' configurator, no?

4) u turned it up to 5? ok....

5) which boxes did u tick? there are a few that im not sure if they optimize something or just enable a feature that might slow the game down.

6) i think the ID u gave is wrong. where is it possible to see a table of IDs?

i am suffering from an overall confusion:
i just dont understand how come in the system requirements my system was considered recommended with my quad core CPU and 4850 GPU yet the benchmarking tool of the game claims i must run it on LOW and LOW is what it recommends.
usually i am getting about 23 FPS anywhere but the busy town in chapter 1 (chapter one is as far as i got , for now) where i get less. thing is, as i said, im getting the same amount of FPS, give or take 4-5 FPS. how can it be that i can't get over 30-35 FPS anywhere?

also, is it possible that something is wrong with my CPU?
in the past week or so i had about 3 crashes to the blue screen of death (dumping physical memory something something) which was weird. these crashes happened during playing a game and during watching a movie, so i dont think it was a GPU problem cuz it was sound asleep when the movie was playing. dont know if it has anything to do with anything.
2) The normal one should be ok

3) disable it everywhere, put it to application control in the CCC panel, disable it or application control in RadeonPro, and finally disable it in the game.

5) Tick all the places where the word "optimization" appear:)

6) scroll down to the buttom for the Gtx 465 vendor id

http://www.pcidatabase.com/vendor_details.php?id=606

For testing purposes, try the game with everything in the lowest possible setting. Then gradually turn them up as long as you can see the FPS doesnt drop too much.
Post edited May 18, 2011 by ASvinda
thanks , mate. i'll try your advices.

in the town i get really low FPS but outside of it i get a better 25FPS on average, which is smooth enough for me. i have issues at 23FPS and lower.

before i lost all my favorites in firefox i was a member of a great and very responsive forums about computer's hardware and OSs but i cant remember what website it was.

anyone knows a good and helpful forums for technical help with computer's hardware, OS and software?
i'd love a link. i got some issues with a few games (TW2, fable 3 and brink) and i am not sure who's to blame. maybe there's something wrong with my hardware but i dont know how to check it.
I'm inclined to think that CD Projekt RED didn't do anybody any favors when they simply said "Quad Core"; there's a pretty non-trivial difference between early Core architecture quad-core (that's a 2007-era Kentfield, AFAICT) and, say, the latest "Sandy Bridge" quad-cores.
topeira: thanks , mate. i'll try your advices.

in the town i get really low FPS but outside of it i get a better 25FPS on average, which is smooth enough for me. i have issues at 23FPS and lower.

before i lost all my favorites in firefox i was a member of a great and very responsive forums about computer's hardware and OSs but i cant remember what website it was.

anyone knows a good and helpful forums for technical help with computer's hardware, OS and software?
i'd love a link. i got some issues with a few games (TW2, fable 3 and brink) and i am not sure who's to blame. maybe there's something wrong with my hardware but i dont know how to check it.
Firstly, your processor is definitely slow for this game. However, you have a decent card and RAM. I suggest you try these settings:

reduce all GPU RAM intensive features. Use medium for texture quality, shadows, number of shadow lights. Disable AA, AF, transparency/ adaptive AA from CCC. I hope you are using catalyst 11.4 (as i am using them right now with no problems at all). Again, you should disable SSAO (very intensive for GPU). Remove motion blur. Keep V-sync OFF (you do not need to enable this as your FPS most likely doesn't cross refresh rate... 60 or above). Also, keep LOD distance to normal/ near. Try with these settings.

If after trying aforementioned settings game still give you same/ bad results... you can try enabling Texture Downscaling (not recommended as it gives you poorer texture).

Join these forums if you need knowledge and help with pc hardware and software.
http://forums.anandtech.com/index.php
Post edited May 19, 2011 by mtdew332
Try to disable the Dangling Objects Limit feature it is CPU related.
I have an E8400 (Core2Duo), 5850, 4 GB of RAM, WinXP, 1920x1200. I also don't see much of a difference between minimum and maximum settings (other than uber). I've heard a couple other people on forums complaining with a similar setup. You are the first one with a quad core, regardless of how old it is.

Do you get any hitching? You might need to get an hour into the game before you get to a part where it's really noticeable.
kindiboy - isnt disabling mean that it's going to be HARDER on the CPU? i enabled limitation.

tooler - what is hitching?what do u think this means (lil difference in visual levels and FPS)? that it's something that is connected to my CPU or something that ATI should fix (new game profile) or something that CDPR should patch?

i do not know what to make of this.....
topeira: kindiboy - isnt disabling mean that it's going to be HARDER on the CPU? i enabled limitation.
- Dangling objects limit: limiter for physical animation of character components like Geralt's hair. Disabling this option places greater demands on the CPU.

that was in the read me file, you are right, disregard that.
im posting this particular message just in a rare case that this was a problem that someone else is having.

in my particular case i had low FPS because my CPU fan was slightly malfunctioning. it was spinning but not well enough. this caused the CPU to overheat and therefore it tried to not burn itself and lowered its output. replacing the fan (15$) brought my CPU back from 100 celsius to the normal of 60 celsius giving me an extra 15 fps.

so my CPU is powerful enough for this game. if u have a Q6600 than rest assured that processor is just fine even when not overclocked. game runs at 25 (foltsom) to 40 and higher (forest) no problems.

thanks a lot to anyone who posted trying to help :)

im back to the game now. :)

I am a Moderator at PCWorld.com and we have some pretty capable members over there, including a couple of OC wizards. Tom's Hardware is good too, as is MaximumPC.
topeira: im posting this particular message just in a rare case that this was a problem that someone else is having.

in my particular case i had low FPS because my CPU fan was slightly malfunctioning. it was spinning but not well enough. this caused the CPU to overheat and therefore it tried to not burn itself and lowered its output. replacing the fan (15$) brought my CPU back from 100 celsius to the normal of 60 celsius giving me an extra 15 fps.

so my CPU is powerful enough for this game. if u have a Q6600 than rest assured that processor is just fine even when not overclocked. game runs at 25 (foltsom) to 40 and higher (forest) no problems.

thanks a lot to anyone who posted trying to help :)

im back to the game now. :)
You have to be especially mindful of the CPU temps when OCing, particularly if you stay with stock cooling. I am running an i7 960 ( 3.2 Ghz ) and it stays in the mid 40's C when in the game. I think some of the frame rate issues can be attribited to the ati card as well. I am running an HD5770 and have noticed some slowdown, but not a great deal.
Post edited May 22, 2011 by coastie65
the temp i was getting were when the CPU was at stock speed. not OCed.

after fixing the fan i can start thinking about OCing though , for now, OCing only gives me negative results :\