It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

vivasawadee: stuff...
ah great, im very much looking forward to seeing this baby in action tomorrow (today, now its 2am haha) ive been playing on medium with no AA or SSAO so this should be a nice bump up for me.

such a great investment for me aswell. the art in this game is just fantastic. probably the best art style ive seen in a long time. i need to experience in its fullest haha.
Ashok0: This game is killing my Q6600 3.2Ghz + GeForce GTX 260. Would I get much of a framerate boost by upgrading to an nVidia GTX 570 or an AMD 6970? If so, which card is better for this game? Thanks!
cjrgreen: It shouldn't leave a GTX 260 sucking wind by any stretch of the imagination. That is still a powerful GPU (especially if it's the Core 216).

I'm getting performance close to what you see on an 8800 GTS 512 and a Phenom II x3. So it's not your GPU.

Something else is wrong, and spending a lot of money on a GPU won't solve it. Have you checked to make sure Ubersampling is disabled?
Well I don't know what's up with my GTX 260 (it's the eVGA GTX 260 Core 216 Superclocked) but I can't fathom using this thing for The Witcher 2. From Fraps (With no Ubersampling and 3D Vision Drivers removed):

High spec/1680x1050 = ~25-30fps max
High spec/1920x1080 = ~20-25fps max
High spec/2560x1600 = ~15-20fps max

CPU usage always shows ~55%, and GPU usage is always around 97%. So it would seem the GTX 260 is a major bottleneck for some odd reason. Well, thanks for the replies guys, I'm probably gonna order up a new shiny AMD Radeon 6970 this weekend!
cjrgreen: I know it does, but a GTX 260 should be able to handle everything the engine throws at it,
TigerLord: How have you determined this?
It's the officially recommended card.