It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

at the moment, the content is identical, but this will probably change in the future. that's why we are still keeping 5.3 around - to have something users can fallback to if they are running XP or have firewall/proxy/other issues with the latest branch.
Post edited September 11, 2015 by voodoo47
@voodo047: Since the forum has been renamed, all the links to other posts in the forum are broken. This especially affects your original post, e.g. some of the "useful links" and the link to the new version of openAL. Maybe you want to edit your post and update the links? All you need to do is replace /system_shock_2/ with system_shock_series/ in the URLs. I assume GOG could not be bothered to create a rewrite rule.
so it would seem. will do it later.

//done.
Post edited September 24, 2015 by voodoo47
Hello,
don't if im right here but me and my pal have a coop problem. We are at the tram station on the command_A map and everytime i (i'm the host) enter the tram my pals game crashes. When he enters nothing happens and he can't use the button of the tram. We are usinf the SS2Tool-v.6.1.0.7 , Bluemodmanager and the following mods:
Vurt's Flora Overhaul
SHTUP-ND
Tacticool complete
Olfred's fixed objects
Four Hundred
Rebirth (hipoly AI models)
Vintage Song Remake
Vurt's Organics - All except Biomatter and GrubPodSlimey.
SCP

We tried him hosting but it crashes on load. I also tried reloading the map and so on. Maybe on of you experts knows a solution. :)
multiplayer is buggy. I'm 99% that your current save is screwed up beyond recovery - the only thing you can try is to load an earlier save and hope it's not busted yet.
Hey Voodoo47,

Just wanted to say thanks for continually updating this thread, it's very handy to have in-depth info on the mods in one place. Last time I played SS2 was over 2 years ago when it was launched on GoG, and it's awesome to see that this page is still tweaked - much appreciated.

Peace ;)
Post edited September 30, 2015 by Junmarko
I just wanted to put it out there that the link from the GoG SS2 storefront to modding this game is incorrect. Do not follow gogs instructions to download mods as they incorrectly say to unpack each mod without their own folder etc. Instead follow Voodoos instructions and they will all work properly. I will try and put a ticket in for gog to remove that link so others wont waste their time like I did.
added link to subtitles.
Maybe somebody here can help. I searched the internet and as far as OI could see SS2Tool is the way to go if you want to play System Shock 2. It also is said that with SS2Tool I can play the German version without it being cut. The problem is that I don't know how. I installed the German GOG version of the game which is censored. After that I installed SS2Tool (6.1.0.7 - Clean install) but there is no option for German language and after installing SS2Tool the whole game is English. On the website of SS2Tool it is said that I would have to activate translation with the mod manager but there is no such option and everything is greyed out. I am also curious if the "uncut" patch that should be included in SS2Tool will make the game fully uncut or only reverse the blood textures back to red instead of green. I am new to SS2 even though I have the game in my library for quite some time now. Maybe somebody can give me instructions how to play in German fully uncut?
you are mixing things up. install your german version of SS2, run SS2Tool, and check the options, you need to explicitly enable the german fix. the game will be german and uncut once patching is complete.

and then, if you want, you can load the Vollständige Deutsche Übersetzung mod that improves the translation quality on top of that (also remember, it assumes you are using the community patch as well).
Post edited December 29, 2015 by voodoo47
voodoo47: you are mixing things up. install your german version of SS2, run SS2Tool, and check the options, you need to explicitly enable the german fix. the game will be german and uncut once patching is complete.

and then, if you want, you can load the Verbesserte Deutsche Übersetzung mod that improves the translation quality on top of that (also remember, it assumes you are using the community patch as well).
The problem is that I could not find any "german fix" option in my SS2Tool at all.
Edit: I now tried an older version of SS2Tool (1.5...). There I could find the German option but several others which are in the new tool (1.6...) are missing.
Post edited December 23, 2015 by MarkoH01
ok, (managed to forget that) for the sake of simplicity, the very latest tool will actually turn your german version into an english version, and then you need to activate the Übersetzung mod to get all the german stuff.

do that, and you should be set up and ready.
Post edited December 29, 2015 by voodoo47
Um so, I've used the tool on my installation and downloaded the SHTUP texture pack, but since I didn't see an "Install" option, I just copypasted the folder into my game location. That didn't work. can someone tell me how to actually install it?
you'll probably want to do a clean reinstall of the game to make sure all improperly installed mods are gone, then head here.
Out of curiousity, how much of https://www.gog.com/news/mod_spotlight_system_shock_2 is still applicable to the current System Shock 2?