It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unreal_NeoX: I can only recommend you to play and try the latest version on steam. There we even have new native modding support that allows deeper and more detailed modifications of the game, making artmoney obsolete. If you would want to continue to use artmoney, then I have to tell you that you need complete new tables, since almost all pathing-data got reworked to make the game more stable and supportive modern systems and hardware.
First off, thumbs-up for a very quick response.

And thanks for the clarification regarding Artmoney. I expected new tables would be required - as for my use, it's for item duplication, and giving myself runes / items immediately when meeting the level requirement, instead of waiting until I get them later in the game.

But most importantly(!!!!) I use Artmoney to give myself back the level 34 character with 50.000 Gold I would have had when transferring it to Shadow of The Phoenix, as the game would just crash if i try importing it. PLEASE fix this.

Pity the beta files are not made available on GoG. I do own SpellForce Platinum on Steam as well, but Steam's innate always-online DRM even for purely singeplayer games makes it a no-go for me (which is why I now buy my games here on GoG).
But okay, I won't hold my breath then. I can only hope the cake won't be a lie in the end. ^^

Another technical question, if I may: what sort of CPU utilization can be expected with the new hardware support?
As it is now, my 10-core 10900K @ 5.00 GHz all-core OC sits with 2 cores pegged at 100 % and the game is actually stuttering really badly.

I haven't tried changing the core affinity for the .exe, or disabled cores in the BIOS to push the overclock on the remaining ones, but if the game engine could be made to utilize at least 4 cores to spread the load, that would be excellent.

Again, thanks for showing serious love for such an old game, and one of my all-time favourites. <3
Post edited March 10, 2022 by PaladinNO
From what I hear, this patch will provide proper wide screen support as well as support for greater resolutions.

If so then I would most certainly hope for the game to properly scale UI and text elements.
It is just a common issue I see when you try to scale up older games in that the text becomes so small it is near unreadable. So fixing that would be very helpful.
I was so upset about Spellforce 2 Anniversary Edition.... I was expecting a proper wide resolution fix, but instead, not only interface elements were stretched (making the tutorial broken), but even cinematics were stretched... I wasn't expecting a thing so lame from an official version...
I'm starting to see a LOT of MODs based on version 1.61... :(
powergod: I'm starting to see a LOT of MODs based on version 1.61... :(
Only thing we're missing is the actual patch, here on GoG. :(
I just bought this game today, September 15 2022.

One of the reasons I bought it was because a I saw a video on youtube saying how patch 1.61 is amazing and fixes most if not all of the game's issues.

Then I finished downloading my new GOG copy, and only then I realized it was 1.54 which GOG sold me, and that GOG users have been asking for the great 1.61 patch - and rightfully so - since at least April 10 2021 (the date of the OP of this thread) and still haven't received it.

This is absolutely ludicrous!

Devs, please forget the excuse that "it's beta so we can't release it on GOG." If you can release it on Steam despite it being beta, then you can release it GOG also despite it being beta.

As it stands now, this is a major example of GOG customers being treated liked second-class citizens, and it is quite appalling!

I feel ripped-off after having bought this game on GOG with the expectation that it will be the up to date good version, only to find out that instead it is the out of date bad version which has been obsolete for a year and a half on GOG!
Post edited September 15, 2022 by Ancient-Red-Dragon
Ancient-Red-Dragon: **RANT**
Since Galaxy does have a Beta channel too, the game devs could have at least put the actual state patch there for us to try it out...

I suggest you to try this MOD, that works with the GOG version, and will add a lot of things that will be present on the last patch.
https://www.moddb.com/mods/spellforce-reimagined/downloads/spellforce-reimagined-version-300

The MOD makes the game a little different from the original (some skins changed, some edits on enemy bases, etc..), but I think for the better.
It covers all the 3 games.
The package includes even the auto-attack mod for the main character.
There's even a huge document that explains all the changes that where made to the game.
This is the best "Spellforce 1" I ever played.
Post edited September 15, 2022 by powergod
This is a joke, right?
Of course i know its not a joke, to hell with this focking bullshit. I have enough of this

Do these devs expect me to buy their game on steam again? Not enough money up your arss?
Post edited October 10, 2022 by bell02
bell02: This is a joke, right?
Of course i know its not a joke, to hell with this focking bullshit. I have enough of this

Do these devs expect me to buy their game on steam again? Not enough money up your arss?
I can completely understand your anger about this situation, all what i can do for you is to root you to a feedback system where your complains should get at least noticed:

https://redmine.thqnordic.com/issues/new
PaladinNO: Next year!? Like 2023? How much time do they intend to spend on a patch? :O
Unreal_NeoX: I am very sorry, but I can not say anything about a timeframe since I have no influence or deeper knowledge of the development and resources. What I have and get are some sort of “milestone” updates that I already share with you all.
PaladinNO: Hey. Any news about the patch status?

Regarding the widescreen support, what can I expect when playing at 7680x1440 resolution (48:9, 3x 27" side-by-side in Nvidia Surround)?

Really looking forward to a new patch for one of my all-time favourite games. <3

Btw., what will happen to the existing Artmoney tables? Will the object values change?
Unreal_NeoX: I can only recommend you to play and try the latest version on steam. There we even have new native modding support that allows deeper and more detailed modifications of the game, making artmoney obsolete. If you would want to continue to use artmoney, then I have to tell you that you need complete new tables, since almost all pathing-data got reworked to make the game more stable and supportive modern systems and hardware.
sim2er: I am also hoping for the patch soon. my game crashes anytime I click to open the options window. it also gets an error about the desired resolution when playing on my surface book 3 (3:2 aspect ratio). Perhaps a remastered version is in order? or maybe open source the game engine if possible?

I really want to play the original before the sequels but these technical issues prevent me from doing so.
Unreal_NeoX: Also here I can only recommend you to play the latest version on steam. A lot of the issues here are already fixed on the latest beta version over there, but still in testing before its can be deployed as an official stable patch.
Open source is out of the question, because the game is again in active development with money investments that need to be covered by sales.
I am in the same situation as other users. I would like to buy the GOG version, without DRM, but we also deserve equal treatment with Steam users.

Now that development is back on, I wish the developers would consider creating a Linux version. If the engine were free ("libre") software, the players themselves could port the game to other platforms.

Do not confuse the license of the engine with which the players are going to get the game for free. All graphics, sounds, and animations would remain copyrighted, so no one could legally play the game without purchasing it. Releasing the engine code, especially for old games, reduces the burden on developers and opens up new business possibilities at lower cost.

Regards.
Unreal_NeoX: I am very sorry, but I can not say anything about a timeframe since I have no influence or deeper knowledge of the development and resources. What I have and get are some sort of “milestone” updates that I already share with you all.

I can only recommend you to play and try the latest version on steam. There we even have new native modding support that allows deeper and more detailed modifications of the game, making artmoney obsolete. If you would want to continue to use artmoney, then I have to tell you that you need complete new tables, since almost all pathing-data got reworked to make the game more stable and supportive modern systems and hardware.

Also here I can only recommend you to play the latest version on steam. A lot of the issues here are already fixed on the latest beta version over there, but still in testing before its can be deployed as an official stable patch.
Open source is out of the question, because the game is again in active development with money investments that need to be covered by sales.
Adrlopgal: I am in the same situation as other users. I would like to buy the GOG version, without DRM, but we also deserve equal treatment with Steam users.

Now that development is back on, I wish the developers would consider creating a Linux version. If the engine were free ("libre") software, the players themselves could port the game to other platforms.

Do not confuse the license of the engine with which the players are going to get the game for free. All graphics, sounds, and animations would remain copyrighted, so no one could legally play the game without purchasing it. Releasing the engine code, especially for old games, reduces the burden on developers and opens up new business possibilities at lower cost.

Regards.
Thats sadly not possible for multiple reasons.
The reason that is the most important one now, is the engine that is the " K.R.A.S.S. Engine".

TLTR: THQN did only buy the game rights of the brancruptcy of JoWood in 2010. They did not buy the engine rights.
They own the game IP and everything with it, but not the engine its based on. They can not "open source" what they do not fully legaly own.
Post edited October 12, 2022 by Unreal_NeoX
Unreal_NeoX: TLTR: THQN did only buy the game rights of the brancruptcy of JoWood in 2010. They did not buy the engine rights.
They own the game IP and everything with it, but not the engine its based on. They can not "open source" what they do not fully legaly own.
I'm curious about a thing, after the announcement of the new patch many Spellforce MODs disappeared from the respective sites, but without explanations.

Seems to me that many of those MODs did things very similar to the improvements promised in the new patch.

Was that a case, or maybe the devs are actually using those mods and did some agreements with the modders ?
Unreal_NeoX: TLTR: THQN did only buy the game rights of the brancruptcy of JoWood in 2010. They did not buy the engine rights.
powergod: I'm curious about a thing, after the announcement of the new patch many Spellforce MODs disappeared from the respective sites, but without explanations.

Seems to me that many of those MODs did things very similar to the improvements promised in the new patch.

Was that a case, or maybe the devs are actually using those mods and did some agreements with the modders ?
No that has a different reason. I think you mean mods on Nexusmods. The reason for that is simply mod creaters leaving this side after nexusmods decided to claim ownership of all mods being uploaded there with the right to manage sell them in their premium service.

Link: https://www.nexusmods.com/news/14538

That some new features look close to the ones of some mods is simple because the new features are done on community feedback and wishes. If they wish for some feature to be implemented that was also created in some form of a mod, its simply the demand that did bring a similar functionality into the new version.
Unreal_NeoX: The reason for that is simply mod creaters leaving this side after nexusmods decided to claim ownership of all mods being uploaded there with the right to manage sell them in their premium service.
Seems like a really evil move... now it's clear why removing stuff from there.
Reading the main thread on Steam, no wonder GOG is still at 1.54. Seems that the patch also brought a lot of issues with it which still appear unresolved.

1.54 works perfectly fine for me on Windows 10. Completed all campaigns and free play without issues. Yes, some spells are bugged/imbalanced, but I have had a perfectly smooth experience otherwise.