It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Unreal_NeoX: Not even close. Please don't expect anything in the near future.
"Take your time to get it right." Worked for Blizzard, so please do the same. :)

Say, if I were to have a list of bugs, can I post it somewhere to be looked into?
Just started another playthrough of Breath of Winter, and the "firegate" in Mirraw Thur remained closed after the Fial Darg was released.

A few things without checking the list:
- Last part of the Elen's Breath set is not present in the game (Shadow of The Phoenix).
- When playing with a Breath of Winter character in Shadow of The Phoenix, the Phoenix Guardian is called "Phönix Guardian".
- A few lines of German text appears when interacting with Craig in the Burning Rock (Breath of Winter).
- Another German line in Fastholme, when the 3rd undead wave appears.
- Even after clearing the Burning Rock, Crimson soldiers still spawn from the portal in Mirraw Thur (Breath of Winter).

On a personal note, I would very much like to see the high-level Extinct cast by Ismail restored (Whisper, Order of Dawn). When that ability was removed, he became easily killable by my army (which I always do, just for fun).

And would it be possible to remove character import stat restrictions? It's very easy to reach level 34 in both Order of Dawn and Breath of Winter and every time I complete either base game now, I have to use Artmoney before moving the character from OoD / BoW over to SoTP (and then use Artmoney again to "give me my stats and ~50.000 gold back").

The worst thing by far, which tilts me so hard every time I hear it (especially since I know it cannot / will not be fixed), is how the voice actor of Darius / Ereon pronounces the name "Xu" in the English version of the game - proper pronounciation of the X is as a Z!

But damn am I glad this old game still gets some love! I own at least 6 copies of the original trilogy (seperate original retail CD releases, retail Spellforce Universe box, 2 retail SpellForce Collection boxes and the retail Platinum release, plus the digial Platinum release here on GoG). To me, the SpellForce 1 trilogy is well up there with the all-time greats like StarCraft BroodWar and Half-Life!

I went through SpellForce 2 for the sake of playing it, but with the rune hero concept removed, the appeal was lost to me. I own Spellforce 3 here on GoG too, but haven't tried it yet.
Post edited November 20, 2021 by PaladinNO
Why not to use the BETA channel even on GOG Galaxy ?

They could put the patched game there and the interested people could just enable it, so to have access to more reviews about possible issues.
powergod: Why not to use the BETA channel even on GOG Galaxy ?

They could put the patched game there and the interested people could just enable it, so to have access to more reviews about possible issues.
^ This!

I would happily do another re-run of the whole game to check for issues, especially now that I know it's actually being worked on.
Post edited November 22, 2021 by PaladinNO
Still no update for GoG version?
saw that steam got another update.
I want the update too. There are a lot of changes that might make previously underwhelming builds actually viable and I want to test those at some point.
The gog version is still on 1.54.75000. This hasn't been updated since 2018-01-09.
Christliar: I want the update too. There are a lot of changes that might make previously underwhelming builds actually viable and I want to test those at some point.
If that's the case, I really hope they do something with Mind Magic. Mind Magic has in general felt so underwhelming I have only tried it simply for the sake of trying it - and I quickly settled on it being too unreliable and too mana expensive for what it offered compared to Black Magic or Elemental Magic.

Also, Mind Magic - Defensive, Mana Shield has never worked at all that I could see. And Sacrifice Mana, even at the lowest level, takes away ALL of the avatar's mana when giving "some" to an allied unit.

Mind Magic - Defensive, with the various mana restoration abilities, combined with for example Black Magic or Ice Magic (my favourite) sounds like a good combo on paper to spam those offensive spells. But the current balancing makes it rather worthless. And when Mind Magic technically becomes viable late game, with Enlightenment (level 8) and Meditation (level 12), the issue has pretty much already solved itself through items and stats.
I discussed on the spellforce discord. The new patch is expected on gog once it leaves the testing phase. He will have the news language plus the others including French.
Post edited December 11, 2021 by Lukin86
Any news? This patch would make a whole lot of difference.
Bombur86: Any news? This patch would make a whole lot of difference.
Please ask next year when the patch is stable and public. Currently its still in development and pushing beta versions is not the best decition like we experienced in the past.
Bombur86: Any news? This patch would make a whole lot of difference.
Unreal_NeoX: Please ask next year when the patch is stable and public. Currently its still in development and pushing beta versions is not the best decition like we experienced in the past.
Next year!? Like 2023? How much time do they intend to spend on a patch? :O
Unreal_NeoX: Please ask next year when the patch is stable and public. Currently its still in development and pushing beta versions is not the best decition like we experienced in the past.
Hey. Any news about the patch status?

Regarding the widescreen support, what can I expect when playing at 7680x1440 resolution (48:9, 3x 27" side-by-side in Nvidia Surround)?

Really looking forward to a new patch for one of my all-time favourite games. <3

Btw., what will happen to the existing Artmoney tables? Will the object values change?
I am also hoping for the patch soon. my game crashes anytime I click to open the options window. it also gets an error about the desired resolution when playing on my surface book 3 (3:2 aspect ratio). Perhaps a remastered version is in order? or maybe open source the game engine if possible?

I really want to play the original before the sequels but these technical issues prevent me from doing so.
PaladinNO: Next year!? Like 2023? How much time do they intend to spend on a patch? :O
I am very sorry, but I can not say anything about a timeframe since I have no influence or deeper knowledge of the development and resources. What I have and get are some sort of “milestone” updates that I already share with you all.
PaladinNO: Hey. Any news about the patch status?

Regarding the widescreen support, what can I expect when playing at 7680x1440 resolution (48:9, 3x 27" side-by-side in Nvidia Surround)?

Really looking forward to a new patch for one of my all-time favourite games. <3

Btw., what will happen to the existing Artmoney tables? Will the object values change?
I can only recommend you to play and try the latest version on steam. There we even have new native modding support that allows deeper and more detailed modifications of the game, making artmoney obsolete. If you would want to continue to use artmoney, then I have to tell you that you need complete new tables, since almost all pathing-data got reworked to make the game more stable and supportive modern systems and hardware.
sim2er: I am also hoping for the patch soon. my game crashes anytime I click to open the options window. it also gets an error about the desired resolution when playing on my surface book 3 (3:2 aspect ratio). Perhaps a remastered version is in order? or maybe open source the game engine if possible?

I really want to play the original before the sequels but these technical issues prevent me from doing so.
Also here I can only recommend you to play the latest version on steam. A lot of the issues here are already fixed on the latest beta version over there, but still in testing before its can be deployed as an official stable patch.
Open source is out of the question, because the game is again in active development with money investments that need to be covered by sales.
sim2er: I am also hoping for the patch soon. my game crashes anytime I click to open the options window. it also gets an error about the desired resolution when playing on my surface book 3 (3:2 aspect ratio).
I got something on that issue here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/spellforce_series/spellforce_platinum_crashes_when_clicking_on_options_button/post2
https://www.gog.com/forum/spellforce_series/spellforce_platinum_any_way_to_changeturn_off_music/post4