It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was really disappointed at the quality of the included Prince of Persia (2008) soundtrack (pop_2008_soundtrack.zip) from GOG. Many songs have constant popping noises such as the tracks "08 Elika and the Prince" and "26 Cauldron." Track 75 "Ahriman / I have no choice" has a major skip at 3:57, and Track 21 "Light City" has dead silence after the 2:03 mark and the song is over 3 minutes long.

I have tried re-downloading the soundtrack from GOG but all of the issues are still there. I have checked my speakers and they are working fine so I know the problem is not my computer.

It's clear that this Prince of Persia (2008) Soundtrack has not been encoded properly. Is there anyway GOG can get a corrected version? One of the main reasons why I bought Prince of Persia (2008) was because I wanted the soundtrack, and it's just incredibly disappointing that the quality is so poor. I hope this issue can be resolved.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
IronArcturus: [...]
Did you write to our Support and reported the issue? I will check this problem out and hopefully it be fixed shortly, but I stumbled on this topic by chance.

In the future, please use official channels to tell us about any problems, that way information will reach us much quicker.
IronArcturus: [...]
Thiev: Did you write to our Support and reported the issue? I will check this problem out and hopefully it be fixed shortly, but I stumbled on this topic by chance.

In the future, please use official channels to tell us about any problems, that way information will reach us much quicker.
Actually I did send in a support request via email about a week ago, but I never got a reply back. Is there a way I can PM you the ticket number? It would be really nice if GOG could get a corrected version of the PoP 2008 soundtrack.
Can I get an update on this issue? It's been about 3 weeks and the soundtrack files still have not been fixed. I really hope that GOG can get a working version of the Prince of Persia (2008) soundtrack.
IronArcturus: Can I get an update on this issue? It's been about 3 weeks and the soundtrack files still have not been fixed. I really hope that GOG can get a working version of the Prince of Persia (2008) soundtrack.
QFT
Did you try contacting support again? I know GOG's responsiveness is dodgy at times, but hey, it's the official channel :)
Ouch. Didn't see that this thread was way up, so I just replied to the one from last year. ;) ;)
http://www.gog.com/forum/prince_of_persia_series/soundtrack

But I do second that we should get the soundtrack in an appropriate quality. It should be no problem for gog to receive it from Ubisoft or rip it from the game if else fails, or is it? Having it online in such a deplorable quality really doesn't shed the best light on my favorite platform.

Continue to question!
Post edited August 24, 2013 by Vainamoinen
Has there been an update on the PoP 2008 soundtrack issue?
Curious to see if soundtrack has been updated as well. Was going to get GOG version of this until I saw this topic, would definitely want the soundtrack without issues.
Yes I'd love to know if this was resolved as I was looking at buying this pretty much just to get this soundtrack.
'Still wishing this issue could be fixed. I was really looking forward to this soundtrack...
IronArcturus: 'Still wishing this issue could be fixed. I was really looking forward to this soundtrack...
=/ Is this still a problem? Can anyone else that's purchased it more recently say? Considering picking it up mainly for the soundtrack with this sale, but I don't want to be disappointed in the quality.
Gmr_Leon: =/ Is this still a problem? Can anyone else that's purchased it more recently say? Considering picking it up mainly for the soundtrack with this sale, but I don't want to be disappointed in the quality.
For well over a year I've been asking GOG to fix the music for this amazing game, but for some reason they still haven't done anything about it. The sole reason I bought Prince of Persia 2008 on GOG was because I wanted to listen to the soundtrack. I wish someone could contact the composer of the music so they could send a repaired soundtrack to GOG. It's really a shame the music is still messed up. :(
Gmr_Leon: =/ Is this still a problem? Can anyone else that's purchased it more recently say? Considering picking it up mainly for the soundtrack with this sale, but I don't want to be disappointed in the quality.
IronArcturus: For well over a year I've been asking GOG to fix the music for this amazing game, but for some reason they still haven't done anything about it. The sole reason I bought Prince of Persia 2008 on GOG was because I wanted to listen to the soundtrack. I wish someone could contact the composer of the music so they could send a repaired soundtrack to GOG. It's really a shame the music is still messed up. :(
Man. That's as much of a downer as finding that the Epilogue wasn't brought to the PC versions. =/ I sent an email GOG's way citing this thread and a post in the thread Vainamoinen linked that detail the problems with the soundtrack asking about whether the quality issue has been resolved. You'd think that seeing the existing quality wards off potential purchases that they'd try more to resolve it. >_>
Gmr_Leon: Man. That's as much of a downer as finding that the Epilogue wasn't brought to the PC versions. =/ I sent an email GOG's way citing this thread and a post in the thread Vainamoinen linked that detail the problems with the soundtrack asking about whether the quality issue has been resolved. You'd think that seeing the existing quality wards off potential purchases that they'd try more to resolve it. >_>
The music was so engrossing in the game---I was so excited when I found out GOG actually had the soundtrack. I was so sad when I found out a bunch of the tracks had skips and pops all over so the soundtrack was basically ruined. I wish there was someone else who could help us get a fixed version of the soundtrack on GOG.
Gmr_Leon: Man. That's as much of a downer as finding that the Epilogue wasn't brought to the PC versions. =/ I sent an email GOG's way citing this thread and a post in the thread Vainamoinen linked that detail the problems with the soundtrack asking about whether the quality issue has been resolved. You'd think that seeing the existing quality wards off potential purchases that they'd try more to resolve it. >_>
IronArcturus: The music was so engrossing in the game---I was so excited when I found out GOG actually had the soundtrack. I was so sad when I found out a bunch of the tracks had skips and pops all over so the soundtrack was basically ruined. I wish there was someone else who could help us get a fixed version of the soundtrack on GOG.
Not that it might help much, but I've also tried shooting Ubisoft's support twitter a few tweets asking about it, since I imagine that's partly what GOG would have to do anyway, contact Ubisoft to try to resolve the issue on some level. I would contact them more formally via their support site, but I come to GOG to avoid having to make a uPlay account.