It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi all,

We've uploaded new installers for all 3 operating systems. Please download the installer relevant to your OS in order to get the latest and greatest version, which is 1.02.

Changelog:

Version 1.01g (OSX) (2015-03-12)
[OSX] Fixed an issue where the game would hang on a white screen on start-up for some players.

Version 1.01f (OSX/Windows/Linux) (2015-03-12)
[PC/OSX] Hopefully fixed an issue causing some players to get stuck on the loading screen or run into a white window that locks up the system
[PC] Reverted back to the vs2010 toolset as 2012 seems to be causing some issues accross the board, if this update stopped your game from working check out the 'Manually install VS2010 Redistributable' instructions from the Troubleshooting thread.
[Linux] Build is now up-to-date with the current Windows version, see below for changes

Version 1.01e (Windows) (2015-03-11)
[PC/OSX] Increased pick up radius for the keys to remedy an issue where they got stuck in the wall and were unobtainable.
[PC/OSX] Fixed shift-look behaviour
[PC/OSX] Added an indicator which characters can be used for each level in the level select screen
[PC/OSX] Fixed vsync toggle behaviour
[OSX] Fixed possible crash on unlocking achievements.
[OSX] Enabled debug logging to help troubleshoot some issues; start the game through the terminal to get the information if you're having any issues.

Version 1.01d (2015-03-11)
[Linux] Fixed an issue where keyboard/mouse input wasn't working for some players.

Version 1.01c (2015-03-10)
[PC] Added a toggle to turn on/off Gamepad detection
[PC] The game now stores custom gamepad mappings in 'My Documents/My Games/HotlineMiami2/controls.dat' which can be deleted to reset everything to default.

Version 1.01b (2015-03-10)
[PC] Possible fix for an issue where the game would crash upon unlocking an achievement.

Version 1.01a (2015-03-10)
[PC] Fixed an issue where the game would not start up if the Windows username contained cyrillic characers

Thanks and have a nice day :)
JudasIscariot: Hi all,

We've uploaded new installers for all 3 operating systems. Please download the installer relevant to your OS in order to get the latest and greatest version, which is 1.02.

Snip
Excellent! Downloading now. Thank you.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by alburl
Just install over the old data? Or is it recommended to delete the old data first?
Peikko: Just install over the old data? Or is it recommended to delete the old data first?
You can just install over the old version of the game :)
Thank you!

Oh boy. Now I can't even start the game (PC).
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Peikko
Peikko: Thank you!

Sort of the same here. I got it to run. But then when I tried to play a level, it crashed. Now the program won't even run.

Great patch!

Okay, sometimes I get this error:

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
It seems like the problem has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++.
Post edited March 13, 2015 by Pataphysician

Pataphysician: Sort of the same here. I got it to run. But then when I tried to play a level, it crashed. Now the program won't even run.

Great patch!

Runtime Error!

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information.
Pataphysician: It seems like the problem has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++.
Try restarting your PC.

I had that happen when I tried installing the new version over my old one.
Pataphysician: Sort of the same here. I got it to run. But then when I tried to play a level, it crashed. Now the program won't even run.

Great patch!

It seems like the problem has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++.
JudasIscariot: Try restarting your PC.

Thanks for the response, but that did not work for me.
The patch changed nothing for me... The game still crashes on the "Final cut" level. I'm on OSX.
It's incredibly frustrating. Why can't they wait until the game actually works to launch it ?!
Since I'm close to done with the game, I wanted to run the previous version. If you have the same problems as I have, then here's a way to get it back to working (at least with Windows 7). Go to the install folder, identify any files with a modified day/time that match when you installed the update. Right-click those files, click "Restore Previous Versions", and then restore the earlier version. Everything is back to the way it was.

Great patch!

Runtime Error!

Pataphysician: It seems like the problem has something to do with Microsoft Visual C++.
I've been running HLM2 (Humble Store DRM-free version) on my laptop with Windows 7 and it works fine. NOTE: I have 4GB RAM and a 512MB GPU; double the hardware requirement.
JudasIscariot: Try restarting your PC.

Pataphysician: Thanks for the response, but that did not work for me.
You could try installing the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime as the changelog mentions that the devs had to go back to the 2010 version of the Visual C++ runtime :)

Official Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Runtime link, 32-bit version
This update completely stopped my copy of Hotline Miami 2 from working altogether on PC... :/ why the hell did I even feel the need to "patch" something that was working flawlessly, like those bitching and moaning Mac and Linux users? God damn... now I can't even install the Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable because it says I have a newer version installed and I don't know how to uninstall it... -_-

Great work, Devolver, way to make a way to ruin your perfectly working game just because some folk were having issues on Mac and Linux, as they always seem to do with every new released game. There was no need to ruin it for us PC owners, as well.
groze: This update completely stopped my copy of Hotline Miami 2 from working altogether on PC... :/ why the hell did I even feel the need to "patch" something that was working flawlessly, like those bitching and moaning Mac and Linux users? God damn... now I can't even install the Microsoft C++ 2010 Redistributable because it says I have a newer version installed and I don't know how to uninstall it... -_-

Great work, Devolver, way to make a way to ruin your perfectly working game just because some folk were having issues on Mac and Linux, as they always seem to do with every new released game. There was no need to ruin it for us PC owners, as well.
There were issues that they tried to fix for PC as well. They weren't as major though. Nevertheless, I share in your frustration!
Game now crashes on startup, too (WIN 8.1)! Will try the beforementioned hints and hope to get it to work again.

EDIT:
Game still crashes. Thank god I kept the older version in my download folder!
Post edited March 13, 2015 by funkmaster5000