It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I was also having this issue but hotfix 2 solved it for me.
So the problem for me was that launching the game produced a crash. This was using the shortcut. It points to the x64 exe. So I tried the exe directly, same result. So I posted on the official forums, and found out the game will crash if not run with the shortcut. It is apparently required. So, to show them, I re-ran the shortcut. Now the game runs. I have no idea why. It just does.

Try launching from the shortcut again. I have no idea why it didn't work for me...the first few times. But it does now.
Post edited November 23, 2023 by emf2718
Another thing you could try as well

in C:\Users"user name"\Documents\My Games\Grim Dawn\Settings options.txt try set
UPnPEnable = false
emf2718: Try launching from the shortcut again. I have no idea why it didn't work for me...the first few times. But it does now.
Not sure if it will help in finding what goes wrong, but I do not use any kind of Windows shortcut to run the game here.
Post edited November 23, 2023 by vv221