It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
The installer could be user-friendly
"Gog is currently running, please close" -> have an option to close all gog processes instead of having to hunt them down.
Connecter extensions only started to connect after a reboot.

Positive:
The connectors work.
Responsive application

Strange:
Gog games needs a reinstall?
Fix: manually scan the default gog-game folder using "Scan for GOG-games"
Post edited September 27, 2019 by Flyby
Quick launch for recent games from the system tray would be the next feature I'd like to see implemented.
Just a short feedback on recent bugs or problems I've noticed:

1) Some smaller steam games (e.g. Astervoid 2000, Brushwood Buddies, Lance a Lot: EE...) don't have a thumbnail in the overview.
2) The game "Scrap Garden -- the day before" has an incorrect thumbnail from "Schlag den Raab -- Das 3. Spiel"
3) I started the game "Typoman" which I own on Steam via GOG G2.0. Worked fine, got new achievements at Steam, but they aren't shown at GOG. Just the time played was updated. Even a restart of the application didn't change it.

What would be great in my opinion:
Combined Achievements: Epic-Games don't have them, GOG-Version sometimes not as well. If technically possible, I would enjoy having the combined / imported set of achievements (or the option for it), so I could get them at GOG, even if the platform I own the game on itself doesn't support them.

Yet I have to say, that I really like GOG G2.0 so far. Mostly nice layout. I might prefer another window arrangement here and there, but that's nothing critical.

Good job!
One thing I've noticed is, if I shut down my computer and restart it, when Gog Galaxy 2 starts, my Origin and Uplay integrations connect automatically, but Steam usually fails.

It's easily solved by just going into settings and telling it to try again, after which it immediately works and there's no further issues until the next time the computer is shut down.
I like the new layout and the implementation of features. When trying to connect a PSN account I continually get a "Failed to Start" Message even after multiple restarts. Is anyone else getting this? Not sure what to do to workaround
Will there be some kind of owned on a platform not pc since i saw games that are on switch(Breath of the wild). But couldn't find a way to select what platform i own example ori on since i own it on switch.

Adding friends fealt a bit weird i just typed a random name thought it would show me some search results but instead it just send the invite to the random person.

To finish i loved the platform so far i am using it to launch my games on pc and orginizing what i own 10/10 great platform.
I can't install it.
Bitdefender detects virus.

\GOG_Galaxy_2.0.exe has been detected as infected with Gen:Suspicious.Cloud.2.8mMfaGJpuzfO and Bitdefender could not clean this item. A device restart is required to finalize the cleaning process.

Other 3 anti-virus engine detects virus upon execution.

McAfee
GenericRXIP-RG!549FE868CD09

McAfee-GW-Edition
GenericRXIP-RG!549FE868CD09

SentinelOne (Static ML)
DFI - Malicious PE

virustotal.com
/gui/file/550e6122fa8bd4d57518d68d7a9640695ded99ce777c02d94261da17c348eede/detection
A steam like big picture mode would be great then DS4 support after that (it's my favorite controller.) merging friends lists would be nice too and not sure if it is possible but not having to have other drm popups when launching. one last thing that should not be prioritized until way later in development is custom and sharable layouts, backgrounds and color schemes for the app itself.

You guys are doing a great job and I appreciate the work you are doing.
It would be nice to add the following to the sort by option:
purchased/added date
installed date

It would also be nice to add an icon or something small to represent installed/uninstalled when looking at all games.
crodgers: It would be nice to add the following to the sort by option:
purchased/added date
installed date

It would also be nice to add an icon or something small to represent installed/uninstalled when looking at all games.
There is already an "installed" icon if viewing in Grid mode. You gotta go to Settings > Customize Grid View > Additional Data > Status

This icon not only appears to show that it's installed but when you hover over it, you can launch the game from there! Without having to go into the game's page. In case you weren't aware of it.
Maybe i am Blind but where the Hell is in the App Shop a search option?
I click on shopping and i know the game i want to buy (Thimbleweed Park) and there is no Option to search. Except you scroll down complete and click on "Show more" to get a search Option.

In overall i would like to get more Shop implementation.

I know that you want to keep it more discreet with the shop, but i dont get why.
Anubisfwk: Maybe i am Blind but where the Hell is in the App Shop a search option?
I click on shopping and i know the game i want to buy (Thimbleweed Park) and there is no Option to search. Except you scroll down complete and click on "Show more" to get a search Option.

In overall i would like to get more Shop implementation.

I know that you want to keep it more discreet with the shop, but i dont get why.
The default page when you go to the shop section is Featured. From there look at the top of your screen and click on All Games, that'll bring you to a searchable full listing of the store. I do wish we could set the default page for the store though.

A suggestion I would have would be related to the new Search function. I find it great however when I have the same game on multiple platforms the game is just listed 2 (or more) times and I have no way of knowing which is which

If I want to install a specific version (e.g. the GOG version instead of the Steam one) I have to click on each "copy" until I find the right one.

Does that make sense? I've attached a screenshot if that helps.
Attachments:
crodgers: It would be nice to add the following to the sort by option:
purchased/added date
installed date

FrAnubis: There is already an "installed" icon if viewing in Grid mode. You gotta go to Settings > Customize Grid View > Additional Data > Status

This icon not only appears to show that it's installed but when you hover over it, you can launch the game from there! Without having to go into the game's page. In case you weren't aware of it.
Thanks, I was not aware. Grid takes up a ton of space. It would be nice to have that icon and play option in the list mode.We have a large amount of space dedicated for star rating and tags, it seems that the little monitor icon that turns into a play button when hovered would not take up that much room in list mode. Just a thought. I might never use the grid option again - too much space for a picture of each game... I have a lot of games.
chandra: Let’s talk!
Wouldn't it make more sense to have "wishlist" & possibly "All Games" listed under the Store heading under "featured" rather than include this inside the "featured" tab? Then it is one click instead of two.

And putting a link for the Galaxy 2.0 forum would be nice too. Just some feedback for you.

-BKG
Hi BKGaming

You can already put a link to the Galaxy 2.0 forum.

* Go on the Shop
* From Shop page, click on community
* Choose the appropriate forum
* Save bookmark

Same for the "search game" page on GOG Shop
Post edited October 02, 2019 by adrieux