It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get SimCity 2000 SE, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, Theme Hospital, Dungeon Keeper 1 & 2, and more DRM-free EA classics 60% off!

This weekend nearly 30 classic from the Electronic Arts collection make their way to GOG.com with a solid flat-rate 60% discount. A line-up of timeless games arriving at such speed deserves to be called nothing shorto of a [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_weekend_promo_030513]Classic EA Convoy! You'll find memorable stand-alone titles here, as well as all-time favorite series. Games from many genres to suit all tastes and temperaments. Whether you are an adventurous soul, a keen manager, or a daunting pilot, you'll find an excellent match for yourself on our promo page. But before you go there, let's take a quick look at some of the brilliant games we offer you today, shall we?

There was a time that all that a aspiring mayor of a virtual town needed, was a computer plugged in into nothing more than a power socket. Well, that and a copy of SimCity 2000, preferably the Special Edition that allowed you not only to construct and manage your town--that is: metropolis--but also allowed you to become an architect and design your very own buildings using the patented Urban Renewal Kit. Oh, yes! City-building was carefree and full of bliss, back in the day (up until an earthquake or alien invasion--but even that only happened locally). Many have forgotten, but we, here at GOG.com, remember. Today you can experience the urbanistic utopia once again, for only $2.39--a fraction of what you'd be paying for building a birdhouse, let alone a city!

If you prefer a smaller scale in your managerial sim, but maybe even more gameplay intensity, you should pick up Theme Hospital for only $2.39. This medical facility simulation takes serious matters like health care and exotic diseases with a hefty pinch of humor. Treating Hairyitis in patients suffering from prolonged exposure to moonlight might be a tad challenging, but its got to be fun at the same time. After all, not every day you get to order flea-powder and silverware compress as a treatment, right. Only here!

Lots of humor, even if a bit darker in tone, you will also find in Dungeon Keeper and Dungeon Keeper 2, Bullfrog's excellent fantasy games pitting iron-clad heroes and heroins against a horde of vile dungeon-dwelling monsters led by a repulsive demon. The twist is: this time around you're the evil boss of the dungeon. Command your minions, design deadly traps, and fend off those damn do-gooders trying to perform their petty quests. You also get to hoard ridiculous heaps of gold and jewels here, and the entry investment is only $2.39 for each of the games.

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri, just as all of the games above, delivers complex and deep strategic gameplay with lots of factors to track at once--probably even more then the others. On top of that, it presents you with the most important task ever undertaken by the humankind: colonization of space! Taking everything that was so involving and enjoyable about the Civilization game, this one takes matters into an otherworldly setting. The version we offer here comes with the elusive Alien Crossfire expansion, all for the low price of--you guessed it--$2.39!

Impressive? Oh, but that's just the tip of the giant mountain of DRM-free EA gems we have lined up for you in our Classic EA Convoy! Be sure to check the whole promo page, not to miss out on any of the excellent titles we offer 60% off until until Tuesday, May 7, at 3:59AM GMT.

Have a nice weekend!
DarthCruciare: that was not the reason why EA won Worst Company in America
Who nominated the companies? Internet did.
Who voted for the companies? Internet did.
Do you still take the poll seriously?

Feel free to hate EA as much as you want. But either offer comparisons to other companies (and back them), or hate the other companies just as much. I don't want to link (again) the interview with the person who had bought couches for his employers to sleep on during the crunch phase, but I can if you wish. Hint, it's not EA, and it didn't happen in the current millenium.
Thanks GOG!!! I had tears in my eyes and bought ALL the Ultima games right away! :)
DarthCruciare: I feel I am obliged to point out the hypocrisy of a company that prides itself on anti-DRM games to offer games from a company that has a horrible track record for customer service and overly restrictive and intrusive DRM, for a discount. While there are some real tempting deals here to be sure, as an ardent member of the Retake Mass Effect 3 community, I cannot in good conscience purchase anything made from EA, even if it is old and cheap. Which brings me to a follow up question: does EA receive a percentage of all sales made of its old material, or have the rights to sell the game been purchased for a flat rate? I love you, GoG, and I'll keep buying from you when I see stuff I like. But I will never again buy an EA title, not even at 60% off. Don't forget: EA has the dubious honour of being the first company to win the Worst Company in America Award for two consecutive years. Just something to think about it.
Release titles with drm. Complains.
Release titles without drm. Complains.

Can't win.

At least they are making back catalogue titles available drm free.
Nice promo, already have all the Bullfrog ones and the Ultimas, but thinking in get Bioforge and maybe digital backups of Nox and Medal of Honor
DarthCruciare: I feel I am obliged to point out the hypocrisy of a company that prides itself on anti-DRM games to offer games from a company that has a horrible track record for customer service and overly restrictive and intrusive DRM, for a discount. While there are some real tempting deals here to be sure, as an ardent member of the Retake Mass Effect 3 community, I cannot in good conscience purchase anything made from EA, even if it is old and cheap. Which brings me to a follow up question: does EA receive a percentage of all sales made of its old material, or have the rights to sell the game been purchased for a flat rate? I love you, GoG, and I'll keep buying from you when I see stuff I like. But I will never again buy an EA title, not even at 60% off. Don't forget: EA has the dubious honour of being the first company to win the Worst Company in America Award for two consecutive years. Just something to think about it.
saluk: Yeah if you don't see the victory in GoG fighting for and convincing EA to release these beloved older titles here with no DRM, you are blind.
Blind? I assure you, my eyesight works just fine. No need to result to insults. I am not telling you that you are wrong. But try looking at it this way: that EA is merely throwing us a bone, and hoarding all the meat for the elites. So we got a bunch of old, admittedly great titles with no DRM. That's good. When are they going to scrap that intrusive, unwieldy behemoth that is the Origin platform, incidentally, one company they utterly ruined by cashing in a franchise in the form of the mediocre Ultima 8, and the horrifically bad and universally lampooned Ultima 9? When will the new Sim City game ditch its bullshit DRM and always-online component? When will EA stop treating customers like their own personal piggy banks with its borderline Ponzi schemes? Short answer? Never, not unless we keep hounding them. I have much love and respect for GoG, make no mistake. I'll continue to keep buying the titles they offer. I just won't buy EA titles anymore because I hate EA's business practice. That's it. If you want to keep buying from them, go ahead, that is your right as a consumer. But don't pretend that a boycott affects your rights in the slightest, because it doesn't.
DarthCruciare: Don't forget: EA has the dubious honour of being the first company to win the Worst Company in America Award for two consecutive years. Just something to think about it.
Yes, one year they received the dubious honour for an ending that honestly that was blown way out of proportion that people didn't focus on the other aspects of Mass Effect 3. The DRM? The Day 1 DLC? The buggy game itself? Nah, the ending is apparently worth bitching about.

And another year they won worst company ever over a game, which had an always online connection (which EA themselves told people about BEFORE IT WAS OFFICIALLY RELEASED). But people bought the game anyway (despite the DRM) and just bitched over the problems (which they themselves should have clearly known would happen after Diablo 3). So they dragged it out to the poll once again. The consumers themselves could've...I don't know...not buy the game, and actually voted with their wallets? But apparently that's too hard for them to figure out.

Yeah, that poll is clearly the most credible source.
DarthCruciare: Don't forget: EA has the dubious honour of being the first company to win the Worst Company in America Award for two consecutive years. Just something to think about it.
RayRay13000: Yes, one year they received the dubious honour for an ending that honestly that was blown way out of proportion that people didn't focus on the other aspects of Mass Effect 3. The DRM? The Day 1 DLC? The buggy game itself? Nah, the ending is apparently worth bitching about.

And another year they won worst company ever over a game, which had an always online connection (which EA themselves told people about BEFORE IT WAS OFFICIALLY RELEASED). But people bought the game anyway (despite the DRM) and just bitched over the problems (which they themselves should have clearly known would happen after Diablo 3). So they dragged it out to the poll once again. The consumers themselves could've...I don't know...not buy the game, and actually voted with their wallets? But apparently that's too hard for them to figure out.

Umm, actually, Diablo 3 was released AFTER ME3. So you can't say people would have known better after Diablo 3 that ME3 would suck, because Diablo 3 WASN'T out yet. As for voting with my wallet? You know what? I am. I am voting with my wallet by not buying another EA title. Full stop. You don't want to stop, fine, I don't care. It's not my business. I am not here to force my beliefs on others, the way EA is forcing DRM on us. This is a forum for stating opinions, nothing more, nothing less.
This is awesome stuff. GOG rocks.
RayRay13000: And another year they won worst company ever over a game, which had an always online connection (which EA themselves told people about BEFORE IT WAS OFFICIALLY RELEASED). But people bought the game anyway (despite the DRM) and just bitched over the problems (which they themselves should have clearly known would happen after Diablo 3). So they dragged it out to the poll once again. The consumers themselves could've...I don't know...not buy the game, and actually voted with their wallets? But apparently that's too hard for them to figure out.

DarthCruciare: Umm, actually, Diablo 3 was released AFTER ME3.
Read RayRay's quote again. He's not talking about ME3.
DarthCruciare: Umm, actually, Diablo 3 was released AFTER ME3. So you can't say people would have known better after Diablo 3 that ME3 would suck, because Diablo 3 WASN'T out yet. As for voting with my wallet? You know what? I am. I am voting with my wallet by not buying another EA title. Full stop. You don't want to stop, fine, I don't care. It's not my business. I am not here to force my beliefs on others, the way EA is forcing DRM on us. This is a forum for stating opinions, nothing more, nothing less.
What I was referring to with Diablo 3 was with SimCity's always online connection. Both of which were (at launch) a complete disaster regarding the DRM side of it. That's what I was referring to when I brought up Diablo 3. As for Mass Effect 3, I'm of the opinion that the ending controversy was blown way out of proportion.

As for EA being here, I don't mind. It's enough of an incentive (for me that is) to buy their games here since 1) They're DRM-Free and 2) They're at a low price. I don't use Origin, and really don't intend to anyway since it's a carbon copy of Steam (and with Steam I don't buy games from them unless they're less than $15).

But that's fine, that's your call. But don't use that poll as a good justification for EA being the worst company out there (because in actuality, they're not, not by a long shot). And pushers of DRM? What's Valve, Ubisoft (okay, maybe not them), and a bunch of other companies doing right now?
Post edited May 03, 2013 by RayRay13000
Another great weekend promo! Thanks, GOG!
I like this weekend promo and will buy up to six classic games. :)

Thanks GOG and EA.
Own everything already but the early Ultimas and Starflight. Those are just too crude for me these days. There's old and good, and just plain old and awkward.
DarthCruciare: snip
Your loss.
Only AC for me, ordering when I get home this evening....woohoo!
You DO realize that the same poll had British Petroleum on it, a company that caused millions and millions of damages to the environment? If EA is a worse company for shitty support for video games then you need to get your priorities straight, and so do the neckbeards that made that poll.