It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Adventures of Shuggy, VVVVVV, Gateways, Time, Gentlemen Please! + Ben There, Dan That!, and Escape Goat for as little as $0.99 each!

GOG.com 5th birthday celebration continues, and today we've got something super lined up for you. A special bundle release of exceptional indie games hit GOG.com shelves and--guess what--they're on promo! You can get each of them 60-80% off, with each title you add to your cart adding 5% to the final discount. That means all the releases in the [url=http://www.gog.com/promo/super_5_promo]Super 5 Promo can be yours for as little as $5 total! (Well, $4.95, to be exact.) The special offer lasts for the first week, that is until Tuesday, October 1, at 9:59AM GMT. After that, the games will be priced at--you guessed it--$5 each. Enough talk, let's get down to business and get a closer look at the Super 5 Promo releases!

The Adventures of Shuggy trailer video

In the puzzle-platformer genre The Adventures of Shuggy stands out with the multitude of cleverly designed stages and diverse mechanics involving gravity shifting and time manipulations. Don't let the cute artwork fool you, and get ready for some challenging platforming and brain-twisting!

VVVVVV trailer video

Talking 'bout challenging platforming, Terry Cavanagh's VVVVVV is difficult enough to be considered a "punishment game", but it's also so addicting, that you'll have trouble putting it down. Brilliant gravity-shifting gameplay, excellent level design, and originally presented story more than just makes up for the game's simplistic graphics. Take it for a spin! (Windows + Mac!)

Gateways trailer video

Bending the space-time continuum on the micro-scale is the theme of [url=http://www.gog.com/game/gateways]Gateways[/url], a retrotastic puzzle-platformer from the devs of The Adventures of Shuggy. Master the gateway guns to travel across a room instantly, change size, walk on walls and even travel in time. (Windows + Mac!)

Escape Goat trailer video

Escape Goat is a puzzle platforming game where you take on the role of a goat who was imprisoned for witchcraft. Take heart, for a friendly magic mouse accompanies you, and he can help in the most unexpected ways. Together you must solve 50 rooms of the treacherous Prison of Agnus in order to escape. Level editor included! (Windows + Mac!)

Time, Gentlemen Please! + Ben There, Dan That!

Ben There, Dan That! and its sequel Time Gentlemen, Please! are a couple of rip-roaring point-and-click adventure games. With tongue firmly in cheek, sit back, relax, and put your mind to work solving puzzles, and reading some very funny dialogue. It's like a book, only good!

There you have it, 5 excellent new indie additions to GOG.com catalog, for a little under $5 if you get them all until Tuesday, October 1, at 9:59AM GMT. That's our Super 5 Promo, a part of GOG.com 5th birthday celebration!
Post edited September 24, 2013 by G-Doc
SpiderFighter:
Oh, GOG apparently rejected these guys: http://www.redshift.hu/

I'm not 100% on the stuff that they reject, but The Quest was pretty good. To be fair, a problem with that series, aside from low resolution, is that you can't really get fullscreen with it. I might have gotten it to run fullscreen but I'm not sure. It's just little stuff like that.

I don't know how their game acceptance policy has changed in recent times though. They also select by what they think will make money too, since accepting a game means putting their support team to work.

Not to sidetrack this thread, because I was totally down for 80% off release on some fun stuff.
I'll take 'em all! Thanks!

I loved VVVVV, but I never finished it. I still have a thing for 2D platformers.
I own most of them elsewhere, but at this price I might as well get them here too. Nice promo.
OH, Indie games...must resist must resist....can't resist!
No Super Meat Boy? Disappointing.

But I still like the Promo. Thanks GOG.
SpiderFighter:
ShadowWulfe: Oh, GOG apparently rejected these guys: http://www.redshift.hu/

I'm not 100% on the stuff that they reject, but The Quest was pretty good. To be fair, a problem with that series, aside from low resolution, is that you can't really get fullscreen with it. I might have gotten it to run fullscreen but I'm not sure. It's just little stuff like that.

I don't know how their game acceptance policy has changed in recent times though. They also select by what they think will make money too, since accepting a game means putting their support team to work.

Not to sidetrack this thread, because I was totally down for 80% off release on some fun stuff.
Oh, wow...totally missed that. I definitely see things I'd be interested on that page, but I'm sure you're right about them having their reasons. Thanks!
Great games in this awesome promo :)
SpiderFighter:
ShadowWulfe: Oh, GOG apparently rejected these guys: http://www.redshift.hu/

Have you played The Quest? Are all those games on the page you linked just expansions for The Quest? It looks cool, but is it good? And from what you could tell, was it designed for IOS in mind, creating limitations for it (simplified mechanics, small game world, etc..), or does it feel like a PC game? What's the length on the game and it's expansions?

LOL, sorry about the flurry of questions, i sometimes see a game that looks interesting and i start thinking of tons of questions :).
Point Man:
I've only played through about 3/4 of The Quest. Think of it as a more old school, gritty, first person grid RPG. I enjoyed it, but it is also a little bit simplified. Like I said I don't think that the game plays fullscreen. The first stuff listed on the main page are expansion packs created by a different developer, though I'm told that they're, for the most part, entertaining. Navigate around a little more for the base games/expansions. Also, the developer is fairly helpful if you want to shoot them an email and ask a few questions.

I'm not quite sure if it was OS minded, or just the simplistic nature of the controls lends it to be able to be played on a mobile device.
Point Man:
ShadowWulfe: I've only played through about 3/4 of The Quest. Think of it as a more old school, gritty, first person grid RPG. I enjoyed it, but it is also a little bit simplified. Like I said I don't think that the game plays fullscreen. The first stuff listed on the main page are expansion packs created by a different developer, though I'm told that they're, for the most part, entertaining. Navigate around a little more for the base games/expansions. Also, the developer is fairly helpful if you want to shoot them an email and ask a few questions.

I'm not quite sure if it was OS minded, or just the simplistic nature of the controls lends it to be able to be played on a mobile device.
How long did it take to get 3/4 of the way there? Just curious.

Edit: Also, thanks for answering my questions, i appreciate it :).
Post edited September 24, 2013 by user deleted
Point Man:
It took me about a week, but keep in mind I put in 6-8hr a day if I don't feel like studying. I also try to do every single little quest, so there's also that.

I haven't had the chance to finish it because life and computer swapping kind of got in the way. I'm not sure if there is a demo available?
Point Man:
ShadowWulfe: It took me about a week, but keep in mind I put in 6-8hr a day if I don't feel like studying. I also try to do every single little quest, so there's also that.

I haven't had the chance to finish it because life and computer swapping kind of got in the way. I'm not sure if there is a demo available?
Thanks. I don't know about a demo, i'll take a look around the site later to see.
The Quest is definitely worth looking into especially the iOS edition if you play games on your mobile (where resolution isn't as limited). With expansions there's a ton of content.
Post edited September 25, 2013 by undeadcow
Novotnus: Found anybody? If not, I can help.
Immoli: Any chance I'd be able to take you up on that offer to? For Gateways. Don't have very many keys though. I think I only have a Snapshot Steam key and a few humble bundle keys that were bonuses (already owned the bundles).

I'd be willing to do paypal too.

I'm willing to go first.
Still interested? : )
Sorry for late reply.
Zeeaire: ow comon guys... again more indie games? I'm always suprised when real 'old good games' are released cause that happens not that often...not frequently enough, at least in my opinion xD, but anyway rare pleasure is greater pleasure and my wallet thanks me^^
I understand your comment as in the past I was in the same boat. I suppose you still buy games in some other platform. Personally, I stopped doing that not long ago, and now I hope every game (new or not) gets released here DRM free.