It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Escape to the fantastic lands!

Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, a vast fantasy realm full of danger and adventure for you to explore and conquer, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/two_worlds_2_epic_edition][/url]Reality--it can be such a drag, right? Just how many times you think you'd love to escape to some imaginary land when everything is simpler and more exciting? Thanks to the modern magic of computer games, you can do just that. Among the fantastic realms created by game developers, the one you'll get to explore in Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition stands out thanks to its size, complexity, and the number of different things you can do as your digital heroic alternate self. If you're the escapist type this one will most certainly live up to your expectations.

In Two Worlds 2 you can ride on horseback, craft items, forge weapons and armor, and even brew potions.The game offers a diverse landscape of forests, deserts, swamps, seashores, cities, and fields, venturing deep into forgotten caverns and dungeons. The way you develop your character is entirely left to your decision. Combine the skills of a ranger, a mage, and a warrior, balancing the focus and creating your own perfect build. The Epic Edition offered on GOG.com includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

A whole new life in a fantastic realm far, far away is now well within your reach. Get Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, for only $9.99 on GOG.com! The release promo offer lasts until Thursday, May 2, at 9:59AM GMT.
Porkdish: I found the story insulting because of its delivery, not for its lack of direction. I have a suspicion you will find Two Worlds II has more in common with Oblivion than you'd like.
I've heard such things, and from just the reviews and descriptions I'll expect that I will probably end up liking the first a lot better than the second. But at least now I can find out for sure for little money :)

The plot was insultingly clichéd and uninteresting in the first one as well (delivered well enough in the German version, not so much in the English one). But the saving grace was that not only did you not have to bother too much with the main quest to enjoy the game, but it actually made up such a tiny portion of the whole scope of the game that it didn't even matter. The few things you did for the main storyline were really not worth mentioning compared to all the other exploring and discovering and experimenting you did over the course of the game.

Many reviewers saw that lack of direction negatively (they probably didn't try to make their own path because so many other RPGs punish that), but I found it to be TW's greatest strength.

P1na: I'm not gonna read all 11 pages, but as one who "complained" about this not being a classic on the first page, let me tell you it was more of a joke than anything else. It is a good release, it's on my wishlist and I still may end up buying it before the current sale is past.

However, this doesn't mean we can't have some friendly poking to GOG, does it?
You post definitely wasn't one of those I was on about :) more the general sentiment in some others that GOG.com should only release games that they are personally interested in. I have absolutely no problem with people disliking a game I like, but I don't appreciate those who try to convince me that no one should like it if they don't... GOG.com says they don't want to release trash games. In the case of Two Worlds there seem to be about equal numbers of people who hate it and people who very much love it. I think it's a typical trait of a game that could one day be considered a "cult classic" :)
Post edited April 27, 2013 by Anamon
Not exactly a classic classic, more of a young adult, but a good game nonetheless.
Has impressive cinematic.
darn I barely bought it at gamersgate with little drm, didnt seem too intrusive.
I shouldve of waited! :( . Teh game felt kind of odd for me, most these german/uk games
usually do hehe, kind of clunky at best. its an alright game at best for the price.
Thanks a million! :)
kaori.: darn I barely bought it at gamersgate with little drm, didnt seem too intrusive.
I shouldve of waited! :( . Teh game felt kind of odd for me, most these german/uk games
usually do hehe, kind of clunky at best. its an alright game at best for the price.
Note that this version includes Pirates of the Flying Fortress and Castle Defense; if you bought just the basic version at GamersGate you wouldn't have either of these. It also includes the soundtrack GamersGate sells separately.
whispersofwinter:
Nice name.
VERY nice addition! THIS is the kind of Good Old New Game that we should be getting here, not Omerta and Trine!

A vast improvement over the first, and definitely worth playing.
anjohl: VERY nice addition! THIS is the kind of Good Old New Game that we should be getting here, not Omerta and Trine!

Just curious, what do you have against Trine? I thought it was great.
anjohl: VERY nice addition! THIS is the kind of Good Old New Game that we should be getting here, not Omerta and Trine!

P1na: Just curious, what do you have against Trine? I thought it was great.
Both Trines are wonderful...
amok: Both Trines are wonderful...
According to the way he presents it, I would assume he has something against the way they were released. I could understand it somewhat if he was complaining about having Trine 2 and the goblin menace sold separately, but that isn't the case.
I bought this off of Steam a long while back, I wish I would have waited. Good release.
oldschool: I bought this off of Steam a long while back, I wish I would have waited. Good release.
Note that this version includes Pirates of the Flying Fortress and Castle Defense which you won't have if you bought the basic version. GOG's price for the whole package is currently less than just the DLC on Steam. :D

P1na: Just curious, what do you have against Trine? I thought it was great.
It's not the kind of game we need here. I am of the opinion, like many, that the original manifesto of gog.com, that being exclusively releasing Good Old Games, is preferable to this unfocused and scatterbrained mix of overpriced indy, overpriced new, and a smattering of true gog's.
anjohl: It's not the kind of game we need here. I am of the opinion, like many, that the original manifesto of gog.com, that being exclusively releasing Good Old Games, is preferable to this unfocused and scatterbrained mix of overpriced indy, overpriced new, and a smattering of true gog's.
Trine got released 2009, Two Worlds II 2010. Trine is older than TW2.
So what you're saying reads like this to me: "I didn't like Trine so it doesn't deserve to be on GOG, but I like Two Worlds 2 so it does."

Yeah. I'm sorry, GOG is not here to cater to your personal wishes.