It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Escape to the fantastic lands!

Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, a vast fantasy realm full of danger and adventure for you to explore and conquer, is available 50% off on GOG.com. That's only $9.99 for the first week!

[url=http://www.gog.com/gamecard/two_worlds_2_epic_edition][/url]Reality--it can be such a drag, right? Just how many times you think you'd love to escape to some imaginary land when everything is simpler and more exciting? Thanks to the modern magic of computer games, you can do just that. Among the fantastic realms created by game developers, the one you'll get to explore in Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition stands out thanks to its size, complexity, and the number of different things you can do as your digital heroic alternate self. If you're the escapist type this one will most certainly live up to your expectations.

In Two Worlds 2 you can ride on horseback, craft items, forge weapons and armor, and even brew potions.The game offers a diverse landscape of forests, deserts, swamps, seashores, cities, and fields, venturing deep into forgotten caverns and dungeons. The way you develop your character is entirely left to your decision. Combine the skills of a ranger, a mage, and a warrior, balancing the focus and creating your own perfect build. The Epic Edition offered on GOG.com includes the original Two Worlds II, the Pirates of the Flying Fortress expansion, and Two Worlds II: Castle Defense.

A whole new life in a fantastic realm far, far away is now well within your reach. Get Two Worlds 2 Epic Edition, for only $9.99 on GOG.com! The release promo offer lasts until Thursday, May 2, at 9:59AM GMT.
dirtyharry50: Really? I never said that. Why do you? Come on Keeveek, no need to get nasty. I took the time to explain what I was saying to you not to be insulting but because how can you know that if you didn't work in the field? It's not like I thought you should.
keeveek: I'm pretty sure DRM was "patched-out" from the newest build possible. In fact, it's the way it works with all GOG releases, and GOG employees said that many times before.

Actually, in every example I know, when devs decided to remove the DRM from the game, was introducing a new patch to the newest avaible version of the game.

It's the only way that makes any sense.
You DO realise GOG games are drm free, so they would have made x request to dev for drm free version to sell, and they agreed removing the drm so game could be sold on gog right?. Doesnt mean it will be patched out of other drmed versions (my simple understanding and logic how things would normally work...)
nijuu: Not sure what u got against angry joe
His reviews are pretty detailed and coming from a gamers view. A real gamer.I was sceptical at first but i find his reviews informative and entertaining at the same time. TB's WTF?! impressions also one to look for (not sure if he didnt a two worlds 2 impressions thought)
I don't have anything against Youtube reviewers, but I do agree that they really don't have a place on GOG's game cards. You wouldn't copy and paste an entire written review, and embedding a video review feels like the same thing. I'm surprised more games don't include quotes from video reviewers though...
dirtyharry50: I consider this a great release for GOG and so naturally I wish they'd been able to release it for my preferred platform. ...
Maybe I expect too much and should lower my expectations such that in my mind, GOG is no different than any of the rest of them.
Didn't release for Mac, they must be EA.

If you're going to make nonsense arguments, at least try and make it funny. I'm partial to ducks but meese would work too. If you use the word "meese" mind, "moose" isn't as funny by itself.
I am hoping that GOG would someday be able to attach the work of various video reviewers and Let's Players to entries in the catalogue, as they can offer a great deal of insight and passion about the games in question.
So do all of the non-GOG versions of this game have an install limit because I have this on GamersGate and I am wondering if I should even bother downloading it from there?
In spite of being a newer game, this seems to be a bit of a coup for GOG--it's shot up past about thirty other games on the bestseller list on its first day, while the classic* Space Empires is still sitting on the bottom. I assume that the DRM was so draconian that GOGers who'd normally have had no problem buying a game they wanted Steam or Gamersgate refused to touch it until now.

* This is not an invitation to get into a fifty-post shouting match about whether 2005 is "classic."
Post edited April 25, 2013 by BadDecissions
assassin33: So do all of the non-GOG versions of this game have an install limit because I have this on GamersGate and I am wondering if I should even bother downloading it from there?
I've never run into an install limit, with this or the first one. But that said, if there is a limit, GamersGate will usually reissue a new key if you can't get new activations.

I only bought it again here as GG never discount the DLC, only the complete pack.
dirtyharry50: I consider this a great release for GOG and so naturally I wish they'd been able to release it for my preferred platform. ...
Maybe I expect too much and should lower my expectations such that in my mind, GOG is no different than any of the rest of them.
FraggingBard: Didn't release for Mac, they must be EA.

If you're going to make nonsense arguments, at least try and make it funny. I'm partial to ducks but meese would work too. If you use the word "meese" mind, "moose" isn't as funny by itself.
You'd do well to keep your day job as comedy doesn't seem to be your forte either.
Post edited April 26, 2013 by dirtyharry50
I had to add Two Worlds 2 to my list (3 so far) of RPG, Action/RPGs I just could not bring myself to finish despite hours invested in them.

Oblivion
Amalur
Two Worlds 2.

Two Worlds 2 really deserves to be in a list of its own for how tediously dull it manages to be. Maybe I was supposed to play the first to care about the fate of my 'Sister'. I certainly felt nothing for any of the npcs you actually get to interact with. Least of all the main quest givers who manage to sound high handed and condescending while literally sitting/sleeping their way through the entire game. Only deigning to get up off their ass to issue a grudging "what took you so long!, here's your next fetch quest - you better get on it right away... fate of the land and all that... now where's my pillow" before sitting their @#$ing ass down again.

I pretended "Uninstall Two Worlds II" was top of my quest list and got my first bit of satisfaction from the game.

Some of the world design is very pretty, and some of the monsters look amazing, The sailing is quite challenging. But the meat of the game is like vacuuming your house repeatedly and having no beer in the fridge to celebrate a job well done. A travesty.
cyboff: LOL, it is time to stop smoking that crack :D
Fifeldor: Do your research on TW2's DRM first.
I am very glad to see 2W2 DRM-free here, and it is nicely sitting in my shelf now...
But both - developer and publisher were persuaded about that DRM-free is good quite some time ago, and they released few games before here. So it is not that great victory for me, just confirmation that it can and actually works very well (but it is still the case of older games, which are not selling well elsewhere, except some huge sales)...
For me THE GREAT VICTORY will be, when something like very new Call Of Duty 15 or Battlefield 9 are released DRM-free...
timppu: Woohoo! Me so happy me never buy this elsewhere, like Steam for example.
fuzzknuckle: Agreed. I recently missed the GoTY edition for $7.49 at GamersGate (on Apr 17), and was pissed at myself. Now it seems like fate that I screwed that up. Sure it's a couple bucks more right now, but seems like a no-brainer:

GOG Verified Purchase
Fantastic: On topic, I don't think I'll buy this game soon, as I already have the first one, and I didn't play with it, so I think I should finish the first game before buying the sequel.
fuzzknuckle: But wouldn't it look so nice... on your shelf... waiting for you? It's only $10, get it already!
Yes, it would look really nice on my shelf waiting for me, but when I wrote that post, I forgot to read the minimum system requirements - sadly, I think my AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core X2 4000+ processor won't be enough for this game (the gamecard says it needs at least a multicore processor with at least 2.4 GHz. I don't know if this is really true, as the "Can You Run It?" website says I've met the minimum system requirements for Two Worlds II - maybe the expansions needs a stronger computer).
Just bought it. AGAIN!!! This is the 3rd time i have bought that game (GotY, Valved, normal Editions and 2 times
as a free goody on a magdisc ). And sadly every time i couldn't run it. Either it was that it couldn't find the disc or
the crappy copy-protection.
If this won't work my only hope is the XBox version.
Fifeldor: Do your research on TW2's DRM first.
cyboff: I am very glad to see 2W2 DRM-free here, and it is nicely sitting in my shelf now...
But both - developer and publisher were persuaded about that DRM-free is good quite some time ago, and they released few games before here. So it is not that great victory for me, just confirmation that it can and actually works very well (but it is still the case of older games, which are not selling well elsewhere, except some huge sales)...
For me THE GREAT VICTORY will be, when something like very new Call Of Duty 15 or Battlefield 9 are released DRM-free...
The games you're talking about are very old and hence there was no problem with them being released DRM-free. Publishers can take their chances with very old games, instead of letting the licenses sit somewhere. At the time of is release, TW2 was a nightmare in terms of DRM, and the DLCs were also sold separately.

So yeah, a complete version and DRM-free on top of that, is a great victory for GOG, both over DRM, and over the DLC concept.

The games you mentioned will never be DRM-free as they are the battleships of their respective companies and owners, but that's no reason not to celebrate other releases which can matter a lot more. TW2 is one of them, and if it had come a lot sooner, the victory would have been even more important.
BadDecissions: In spite of being a newer game, this seems to be a bit of a coup for GOG--it's shot up past about thirty other games on the bestseller list on its first day, while the classic* Space Empires is still sitting on the bottom. I assume that the DRM was so draconian that GOGers who'd normally have had no problem buying a game they wanted Steam or Gamersgate refused to touch it until now.

* This is not an invitation to get into a fifty-post shouting match about whether 2005 is "classic."
I already own Twin Worlds 2 Epic Edition on Steam. I bought it on GOG anyway because it is reasonably priced, DRM free, and because I want to show some support to GOG for its outstanding service. Many of my GOG games are already in my Steam collection.
Can't quite believe that this release thread has already reached 11 pages, and that many comments are actually positive, despite this being a fairly new and not one of the best recent RPGs.